Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old May 22, 2011, 09:51 PM   #1
Ponchobot
macrumors member

iPhone 4 battery drains too fast.?

I've just had this iphone 4 for about 3 days now and i'm experiencing my iphone 4 battery draining down to 75% in about 3 hours with medium 3G usage, not really much, just checking prices online and my phone is incredibly hot to the touch compared to others iphone 4's. I don't have but 2 mail accounts with data set to every 15 minutes, and i do have push, 3g, cellular data, wifi, and location services enabled but that shouldn't affect my battery life tremendously. i am jailbroken with ColorKeyboard, folderenhanser, lockinfo, springtomize, winterboard (no themes activated though), bitesms, and i have the weather for lockinfo which refreshes every 15 minutes as well. I have done a full restore after i realized a backup of my 3G might be affecting it, and i set it up as a new one, and i have this same problem. But i have never experienced my iPhone 4 without being jailbroke, as i literally jailbroke it the second i got it. i'm on iOS 4.3.3

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
Ponchobot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2011, 08:19 AM   #2
sharonthomson85
macrumors newbie

I had similar problem but it was caused by my push email setting (although my phone is not jailbroken); was about to return my phone and found this troubleshooting guide. Turned my push mail to off, rebooted my phone and the problem was better after that.

http://zen-arch.blogspot.com/2011/05...anely-hot.html

Turned back push mail later and it was ok. It has probably something to do with the 3G network.
sharonthomson85 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Tags
battery, ios 4.3.3, iphone 4, jailbroken