Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:59 PM   #1
_bnkr612
macrumors 6502a

shuffle flaws...

So I picked up a 512 shuffle (for the gym) and I was wondering why Apple didn't put some sort of grooves or grip on the slider, it is not easy to turn off the machine.

It's also sad that I cannot take music from my PB after I have loaded music from my PM. I have to erase the playlist just to get a couple songs added from my PB playlist. That's a lame "anti-theft" Apple move.

Anyway around this "anti-theft"? I am also considering carving grips on the slider.

I know a thirdparty will make an adhesive grip for it soon...

Anyway, I guess the shuffle is O-K for now. It will take some getting used to, if I don't lose it in my pocket first!

Cheers.

Last edited by _bnkr612; Mar 16, 2005 at 11:06 PM.
_bnkr612 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 02:02 PM   #2
Norouzi
macrumors 6502

Unfortunatly having the shuffle, and all iPod's for that matter, link with a single computer isn't Apple's deal, it's a compromise they had to make to make the RIAA happy, if you could simply transfer music from multiple computer's onto one iPod it would be a very easy way to pirate music, so to make the RIAA happy Apple had to design the iPod to link with one computer.
Norouzi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 02:18 PM   #3
ijustin
macrumors newbie

the only flaw I have with mine is that the slider has gone a dirty yellowy color now instead of being nice and white
Old Mar 17, 2005, 02:19 PM   #4
joecool85
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to joecool85
can you transfer files from computer to computer via shuffle?
Old Mar 17, 2005, 02:24 PM   #5
Daveway
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Daveway
I don't see the same quality in the shuffles that i see in past ipods. Quality control is going down the gutter.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 02:46 PM   #6
vieoray
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijustin
the only flaw I have with mine is that the slider has gone a dirty yellowy color now instead of being nice and white
i know someone who bought a shuffle and within a month of having it, the shuffle turned a pale brass yellow color. he reported the problem to apple (there was no strange usage going on, like exposure to some kind of elements not recommended or something like that) and they replaced his shuffle.
vieoray is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 03:31 PM   #7
tdhurst
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to tdhurst Send a message via Yahoo to tdhurst Send a message via Skype™ to tdhurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveway00
I don't see the same quality in the shuffles that i see in past ipods. Quality control is going down the gutter.
Geez...you have to make compromises somewhere...we all knew the shuffles were going to much less "iPod" than the previous editions.
tdhurst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 03:36 PM   #8
Daveway
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Daveway
I've returned 2 shuffles because of the buttons and everyone shuffle I've gone through has a crooked usb plug. The cap can only go on correctly one way.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 03:56 PM   #9
rtdgoldfish
macrumors 6502a

My Shuffle has a nice gray color to it since I read a newspaper and then touched the Shuffle before washing the ink of my hands. Anyone know of a good way to clean a Shuffle??
Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:01 PM   #10
vieoray
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdgoldfish
My Shuffle has a nice gray color to it since I read a newspaper and then touched the Shuffle before washing the ink of my hands. Anyone know of a good way to clean a Shuffle??
iKlean wipes would probably work well. a soft, damp cloth would probably work about the same.

edit: iKlear, rather. URL: http://iklear.klearscreen.com

Last edited by vieoray; Mar 17, 2005 at 11:03 PM.
vieoray is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:27 PM   #11
_bnkr612
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norouzi
Unfortunatly having the shuffle, and all iPod's for that matter, link with a single computer isn't Apple's deal, it's a compromise they had to make to make the RIAA happy, if you could simply transfer music from multiple computer's onto one iPod it would be a very easy way to pirate music, so to make the RIAA happy Apple had to design the iPod to link with one computer.
I don't want to transfer songs (third party apps for that), I just want to add three songs from my PB to the shuff.

The RIAA have nothing better to do.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:44 PM   #12
quagmire
macrumors 603

No problems here with my 1 Gb iPod Shuffle.
Penn Station-New York
quagmire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:56 PM   #13
unfaded
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by _bnkr612
I don't want to transfer songs (third party apps for that), I just want to add three songs from my PB to the shuff.

Yes but what if you transferred three songs from your friend's computer that you did not own?

This has been with iPods since the dawn of iPods, this is nothing new.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 01:44 AM   #14
tamara6
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norouzi
I have no trouble adding songs to our 15 GB iPod from our computers. It is set up so that it doesn't sync with any of the computers. We just plug it in to whichever computer we want, it appears in iTunes, we drag our songs onto it, and that's that.
tamara6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 01:55 AM   #15
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by _bnkr612

So you have a different set of music on your PB than on your PM? Why, just out of curiousity? I guess you can always just copy those three songs from computer to computer, can't you?
Old Mar 18, 2005, 12:00 PM   #16
_bnkr612
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrishnan
So you have a different set of music on your PB than on your PM? Why, just out of curiousity? I guess you can always just copy those three songs from computer to computer, can't you?
I KNOW you cannot share music from iPods. BUT, you can add them from one another computer.

I do usually have the same playlist. With my 20GB I can take the song and drag it into my iPod from another computer. If my friend has three songs I want from his computer, I can take them with my 20GB, but if I wanted to add them to my iSf. I would have to wipe out my pre-existing music.

Understand what I am talking about? You should just be able add like the HD iPods.

Now, if I want to make it harder, I would just burn a CD (with the three songs that I want) from a friend or my PB.

Basically, it's an annoying flaw on the iSf.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod