Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Mar 19, 2005, 03:15 PM   #1
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Serious feedback issue

Hi I have my PowerBook plugged into the ac plug, it is sitting on my desk, no other speakers are turned on around it. I've had this set up this way for weeks now. I opened Garage Band today and there was a huge screach so bad and OSX locked. I had to power down. I opened GB again and same thing. This time I was able to turn monitor off and no feedback issue. It was so loud someone thought it was a smoke alarm gone seriously wrong. I do not know what is happening. Nothing else is plugged into the PB.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 05:33 PM   #2
benbrignell
macrumors newbie

What equipment are you using as in audio devices etc?

Is your built in mic disabled?

Garage Band Forum

http://www.garagebandforum.net
benbrignell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 10:53 PM   #3
neocell
macrumors 65816

I had a similar problem when I pugged my guitar into my PB and opened GB. I had to switch the input sound from "internal mic" to "line in" in system preferences, sound. Maybe something switched it on you in the last couple of weeks.

Quote:
jessica . Hi I have my PowerBook plugged into the ac plug, it is sitting on my desk, no other speakers are turned on around it. I've had this set up this way for weeks now. I opened Garage Band today and there was a huge screach so bad and OSX locked. I had to power down. I opened GB again and same thing. This time I was able to turn monitor off and no feedback issue. It was so loud someone thought it was a smoke alarm gone seriously wrong. I do not know what is happening. Nothing else is plugged into the PB.
neocell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 11:44 PM   #4
faintember
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by neocell
I had to switch the input sound from "internal mic" to "line in" in system preferences, sound. Maybe something switched it on you in the last couple of weeks.
Sounds like the culprit to me. I had a simular problem with a Max/MSP patch i built, however for whatever reason, the computer switched from my MOTU to "internal mic". Dont know why, and it has not happened since. Gotta love using beta drivers for older audio equipment.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio