Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 3, 2009
Now that people should start being able to download DP4, post anything new that you find in it.

I don't have Lion myself, but from Apple's site I think I can tell that they have a new fabric background for Mission Control, and a new blue space-themed desktop background too, along with new brushed metal icons for Launchpad and Mission Control.

What else?

gspannu

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
UK
4 finger swipe down now back...

New GUI for Trackpad setting, I find it easier to use....

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Safari
-Downloads window is gone entirely. You can use only the popover via the toolbar button.

Launchpad
-New icon: round silver disc with a rocket ship icon in the middle.

Misc.
-Photo Booth automatically opens in full screen mode the first time you open it. If you leave full screen and quit, it remembers that.
-"Tap with two fingers" to right click removed. You can only "click with two fingers" to right click now.
-Trackpad and Mouse prefpanes redesigned
-Appearance prefpane renamed to General

Last edited:

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
-"Tap with two fingers" to right click removed. You can only "click with two fingers" to right click now.

Are you serious? I give Apple a pass on most things, but I never click my trackpads, I am a tapper. I would be much obliged if any willing Devs would complain about this change. At least give us the option.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
In Safari when you click a download link, an icon flies from the link up to the Downloads button in the toolbar.

Are you serious? I give Apple a pass on most things, but I never click my trackpads, I am a tapper. I would be much obliged if any willing Devs would complain about this change. At least give us the option.

txQSU.png

FNH15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
What does the trackpad pref pane show on Mac's with out official multitouch trackpads?? (i.e. an early 2008 MacBook)

FNH15

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
So I installed the iCloud beta software for DP4 but I haven't been able to test it out. All I get is a button to "Upgrade to iCloud" but the website it opens just says that iCloud is coming soon.

JxX1i.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.