Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 9, 2011, 01:00 PM   #1
kclarke
macrumors newbie

Question Why is my iPhone 4 taking so long to charge?

Last night my battery was down to about 35% so I plugged the phone in, turned it off and left it to charge. It was plugged in for 11 hours and when I turned it on it still wasn't fully charged! It was only at 98%! Any ideas why? I have my charger plugged into a powerbar with other stuff and I was thinking that might have something to do with it. Any replies are appreciated
kclarke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 01:34 PM   #2
The Tos
macrumors 6502

i find that mine charges slower on a power bar or off a computer. I usually plug it in directly from the outlet. Try doing a reboot as well. The battery will sometimes get stuck at a high number when its really full.
The Tos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2011, 01:21 PM   #3
macfly4
macrumors member

try plugging it into the wall and then turn the phone off. let it charge for a couple of hours. Seems there are both a hardware based as well as software based charging algorithm that gets funked. turning off the phone i guess bypasses the software aspect and the battery just tops off completely. seems to work for me and i usually do this about once a month.
macfly4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2011, 02:19 PM   #4
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Just reboot the phone and it should show the actual 100%.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting