Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Madmic23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Hi everyone, I just helped my aunt set up her new 21.5" iMac last night, which she absolutley loves. Her only issue is the font size. She's a bit older and her eyes aren't as good as they use to be, so she'd like the font size to be bigger on things like the menu bar. I'd like to do this without changing her screen resolution.
On the windows machine she switched from, she had the resolution turned down to make everything bigger, but also made everything on the screen look like garbage. I really don't think that's a good solution to this issue on her iMac.
I'd really like to be able to adjust the font size for things like the menu bars and generally all text on the screen, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that in Snow Leopard.
Has Lion fixed this issue? I read that Tiger, Leopard, and Snow Leopard were all suppose to bring resolution independence to the Mac, but it doesn't seem to have been implemented yet.
And yes, I'm asking about Lion because I figure there is no reliable way to do this on Snow Leopard, and she will be receiving the free upgrade to Lion next month.
Thanks for your input.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
No its not in Lion. Resolution independence is a feature many of us are waiting (or hoping) that apple will eventually add into OSX, at this point though its not in 10.7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.