Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Madmic23
macrumors 6502

Resolution independence - working in Lion?

Hi everyone, I just helped my aunt set up her new 21.5" iMac last night, which she absolutley loves. Her only issue is the font size. She's a bit older and her eyes aren't as good as they use to be, so she'd like the font size to be bigger on things like the menu bar. I'd like to do this without changing her screen resolution.
On the windows machine she switched from, she had the resolution turned down to make everything bigger, but also made everything on the screen look like garbage. I really don't think that's a good solution to this issue on her iMac.
I'd really like to be able to adjust the font size for things like the menu bars and generally all text on the screen, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that in Snow Leopard.
Has Lion fixed this issue? I read that Tiger, Leopard, and Snow Leopard were all suppose to bring resolution independence to the Mac, but it doesn't seem to have been implemented yet.
And yes, I'm asking about Lion because I figure there is no reliable way to do this on Snow Leopard, and she will be receiving the free upgrade to Lion next month.
Thanks for your input.
Madmic23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2011, 02:39 PM   #2
maflynn

No its not in Lion. Resolution independence is a feature many of us are waiting (or hoping) that apple will eventually add into OSX, at this point though its not in 10.7.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
font size, lion, resolution independence