Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:50 PM   #1
Ann P
macrumors 68000

iPhone 5, will it be available factory unlocked?

I have a birthday gift card that I would like to spend on an iPhone. I frequently travel outside of the states so having an unlocked phone is a must. My question is will Apple sell the iPhone 5 unlocked (like they are doing with the 4 now) and will it be the same price-range? Thank you for any input.
Ann P is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:52 PM   #2
soco
macrumors 68030

There's a ton of discussion on this around the forums. Can we just make a new thr-...

Oh.
soco is offline   -6 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:58 PM   #3
wordoflife
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
There's a ton of discussion on this around the forums. Can we just make a new thr-...

Oh.
Seriously, what are with your posts? I guess your signature has been correct lately, for the most part.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:59 PM   #4
ratzzo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann P View Post
I have a birthday gift card that I would like to spend on an iPhone. I frequently travel outside of the states so having an unlocked phone is a must. My question is will Apple sell the iPhone 5 unlocked (like they are doing with the 4 now) and will it be the same price-range? Thank you for any input.
There are no sources to confirm or deny any of this. But if we could learn from experience, all would point towards a factory unlocked iPhone 5 being available in the Apple Stores. Throughout the entire lifetime of the iPhone prices have also been static so I doubt you'd see any price change with the introduction of the 5th gen smartphone.

I also wouldn't count on getting one any time soon, queues will be immense in these stores and they will run out of stock very early and very frequently.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 07:48 PM   #5
fkhan3
macrumors 6502

Since we can already buy unlocked iPhone 4, i'm pretty sure Apple will offer this option for iPhone 5
fkhan3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone