Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
hi

i just updated my lion to GM and also got iTunes 10.5b2 installed and i can still edit the "get info" of the songs i already had in my library but once i copy new songs onto iTunes the "Get Info" part is greyed out and i cant edit anything. i already checked the permission and its set to "read and write"

any suggestions?

berlie

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2011
These comments refer to iTunes 10.5.0.142 running under Windows 7. I have personally ripped ca. 12-1300 CDs I own; I have downloaded 3 albums + 1 song from iTunes. I have also scanned most album covers and inserted them using past versions of iTunes.

* iTunes has a few bugs, e.g.:
-- previously reported problems with editing song information
-- (long time problem): every now and then when upgrading iTunes, iTunes "forgets" ca. 10% of the cover art on my CDs
-- (long time problem): 5-10% errors in the data base that downloads song information. One example: iTunes uses the cover art for an album of some Paul Moss on my 1972 Paul Simon album. Many other examples with erroneous song titles, erroneous composers, etc., etc. UNFORTUNATELY no quality control over what information users upload...
-- with recent update to 10.5 + iOS 5, the iTunes store has "forgotten" the 3 albums + 1 song I have bought.

With this buggy software, I am SIRIously considering switching to another system. The only saving grace (currently) is the 64 Gb version of 4s...

lukin321

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2011
Hi everyone. New user here having the same issue. I have tried all advice but all of my song information is still greyed out and unable to be edited.

Is this just a known issue of the latest version of iTunes or can it be fixed?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.