Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Hey guys, ever since I installed iTunes 10.5b2 I haven't been able to edit the info on new songs. Once I go to the actual song in Finder and unlock it, then restart iTunes, it lets me edit the info. But back before I installed the beta I didnt have to do all of this.. Do I have to give iTunes permission to edit locked files or something? Any help is appreciated.

Macnificant

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
Hey guys, ever since I installed iTunes 10.5b2 I haven't been able to edit the info on new songs. Once I go to the actual song in Finder and unlock it, then restart iTunes, it lets me edit the info. But back before I installed the beta I didnt have to do all of this.. Do I have to give iTunes permission to edit locked files or something? Any help is appreciated.

I install 10.5b2 and I am also having the same problem

tdskate

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2011
Same here.

Although it appears to be only new songs imported straight into 10.5 that are not editable. Previous imports are fine.

drewc1138

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
For curiosity's sake...are you guys burning these straight from a CD into iTunes, or importing them from another source?

I wonder if this is some kind of pre-answer to the iTunes Match question. Maybe iTunes won't let you edit the names so it won't match unauthorized purchases in the cloud...only albums you burned yourself.

If that's the case, I would imagine a large outcry coming.

ybakos

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2005
download the latest beta

This problem is evident with iTunes 10.5b42 as well. b48 is available now, I've just installed it and the problem has gone away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.