Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jul 4, 2011, 01:35 PM   #1
Redaddiction
macrumors newbie

Macbook Pro Stopped Recognizing Internal HD

I am having an issue with my Macbook Pro 5,5, I have two hard drives, an SSD in place of the disk drive, and 1 tb in the hd bay. While working the 1tb which holds all of my media stopped showing up in Finder and disk utility. I attempted to reboot, but to no prevail. I have searched but was unable to find any answers to why this may happen other than, a bad sata cable, bad hard drive, or logic board. The last which I don't believe is an issue because I'm still using the computer. I'm in Afghanistan with limited resources and want to know what actions I could take to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks
Redaddiction is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2011, 01:37 PM   #2
alust2013
macrumors 68040

Sounds like a bad cable to me. Pretty cheap and simple fix. I think there would have been a lot more issues if the HD had actually died. Definitely not logic board though, it would probably be unusable.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 01:48 PM   #3
Redaddiction
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alust2013 View Post
Sounds like a bad cable to me. Pretty cheap and simple fix. I think there would have been a lot more issues if the HD had actually died. Definitely not logic board though, it would probably be unusable.
That's good new, any idea on where I can purchase a replacement? Don't necessarily need a great price just somewhere that will ship APO.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 02:28 PM   #4
Redaddiction
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redaddiction View Post
That's good new, any idea on where I can purchase a replacement? Don't necessarily need a great price just somewhere that will ship APO.
After some research the cable is part number 922-7579, prices range from 4.00 on ebay to 30.00. Amazon had a vendor who had the cable so I was able to order one from there.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro