Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Jul 4, 2011, 09:55 PM   #1
Tochill
macrumors newbie

Lion and Diamond USB BVU195

Has anyone been able to get this to work with lion? Once i upgraded, all i see is a blank screen on the monitor plugged into the Diamond USB. The monitor recognizes the connection but its just pumping out a black screen.
Tochill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2011, 12:17 AM   #2
Madd the Sane
macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Wait for a driver for Lion is the only advice I can give you.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 02:25 PM   #3
jcnetdev
macrumors newbie

Can you post this to Diamond's support? I'll do the same.

Please let us know if you find a driver that works.
jcnetdev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2011, 02:26 PM   #4
Tochill
macrumors newbie

I actually found a solution. If you go to the displaylink web site which makes the drivers they have a beta for lion.
Tochill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2011, 02:37 PM   #5
jcnetdev
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the heads up.

I found the solution here:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/sho...highlight=lion

It was a pain to register / etc just to download, but after doing so and installing, everything works correctly.

Thanks again
jcnetdev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:18 AM   #6
djuplina
macrumors newbie

Lag trouble

Anybody else notice some extreme lag when using this product? I've had a ton of lag in both Windows 7 and OSX Snow Leopard and Lion, but I've scoured the internet and found zero posts of other users reporting lag issues.
djuplina is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2013, 08:02 AM   #7
stevemacuser
macrumors newbie

Lion and Diamond USB BVU195

I had the same issue with BVU195 and Lion. The monitor was just black and would not work. I called Diamond support and they did not have any solutions. Finally, I upgraded to Mountain Lion, installed the 1.8 DisplayLink drivers and it worked.

http://www.displaylink.com/support/mac_downloads.php
stevemacuser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:16 AM   #8
rmarq423
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemacuser View Post
I had the same issue with BVU195 and Lion. The monitor was just black and would not work. I called Diamond support and they did not have any solutions. Finally, I upgraded to Mountain Lion, installed the 1.8 DisplayLink drivers and it worked.

http://www.displaylink.com/support/mac_downloads.php
This is still buggy for me, the driver seemed to help a little bit - but the screen constantly flickers with anything that has changing content. The only thing that seems to help is having that screen available for email where content hardly changes...

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djuplina View Post
Anybody else notice some extreme lag when using this product? I've had a ton of lag in both Windows 7 and OSX Snow Leopard and Lion, but I've scoured the internet and found zero posts of other users reporting lag issues.
Yes I also have had a lot of lag with this product. Not sure what else I can do...
rmarq423 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion