Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tochill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Has anyone been able to get this to work with lion? Once i upgraded, all i see is a blank screen on the monitor plugged into the Diamond USB. The monitor recognizes the connection but its just pumping out a black screen.

Madd the Sane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
Utah
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Wait for a driver for Lion is the only advice I can give you.

jcnetdev

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2011
Can you post this to Diamond's support? I'll do the same.

Please let us know if you find a driver that works.

Tochill

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
I actually found a solution. If you go to the displaylink web site which makes the drivers they have a beta for lion.

djuplina

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2012
Lag trouble

Anybody else notice some extreme lag when using this product? I've had a ton of lag in both Windows 7 and OSX Snow Leopard and Lion, but I've scoured the internet and found zero posts of other users reporting lag issues.

rmarq423

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2013
I had the same issue with BVU195 and Lion. The monitor was just black and would not work. I called Diamond support and they did not have any solutions. Finally, I upgraded to Mountain Lion, installed the 1.8 DisplayLink drivers and it worked.

http://www.displaylink.com/support/mac_downloads.php

This is still buggy for me, the driver seemed to help a little bit - but the screen constantly flickers with anything that has changing content. The only thing that seems to help is having that screen available for email where content hardly changes...

----------

Anybody else notice some extreme lag when using this product? I've had a ton of lag in both Windows 7 and OSX Snow Leopard and Lion, but I've scoured the internet and found zero posts of other users reporting lag issues.

Yes I also have had a lot of lag with this product. Not sure what else I can do...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.