Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
So guys, how many of you think Lion is coming out tomorrow?

i mean i know the original rumor says it will come out on the 14th but some rumors lately have been saying that it will be out tommorow.

One question though, they were saying that apple is going to have an overnighter on the 13th which means that the overnighter is happening TODAY after midnight, correct? (when tuesday turns into Wednesday)

So im thinking there is a VERY good chance lion is coming tomorrow guys.

stefan1975

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010

i mean i know the original rumor says it will come out on the 14th but some rumors lately have been saying that it will be out tommorow.

One question though, they were saying that apple is going to have an overnighter on the 13th which means that the overnighter is happening TODAY after midnight, correct? (when tuesday turns into Wednesday)

sigh. another tomorrow thread? why not keep one that is sticky ... eventually 'tomorrow' will be the right answer.

by the way it is 00:30 wed 13th here in NL now .. so theoretically the 14th would be tomorrow, hence true.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
sigh. another tomorrow thread? why not keep one that is sticky ... eventually 'tomorrow' will be the right answer.

by the way it is 00:30 wed 13th here in NL now .. so theoretically the 14th would be tomorrow, hence true.

NL?:confused:

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland

Who are they?

markrox7

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2011
It's not so difficult to understand. Lion will (hopefully) be released on July 13 or 14 according to Cupertino's time, which is Pacific Time. So although it's pretty much a day ahead in Australia, the U.S and Australia will get Lion at the same time.

TheGdog

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
North Carolina, USA
It's not so difficult to understand. Lion will (hopefully) be released on July 13 or 14 according to Cupertino's time, which is Pacific Time. So although it's pretty much a day ahead in Australia, the U.S and Australia will get Lion at the same time.

I do believe there was a thread with this exact title, for the 1st of July. lol There is a chance that it will come out tomorrow, but to me Thursday seems more like it. I'll be waiting till the next day to install anyway.

I will use the day Lion comes out to back up my files for a clean install.

Cancelled
Mar 19, 2009
It's gonna be the same build number, which is 11A511. So technically, Lion is already out. No more excitement left. *sigh*

Well it's still a great OS X release from Apple regardless of hype or not.

I hope it'll be released tomorrow (Thursday) but given the fact Apple has only just requested App Store submissions from developers for OS X Lion and Apple will be closing down iTunes Connect for maintenance on 13th (today) perhaps it won't be out tomorrow...but who knows :).

BlackMangoTree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2010
Hopes up for what ? Lion isn't anything special. You're not going to install it and magically leap 50 years into the future.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Hopes up for what ? Lion isn't anything special. You're not going to install it and magically leap 50 years into the future.

because you dont know how to use a computer maybe LMFAO :D:p

its full of new features to enjoy, you are just too ignorant to realize it.

iWonderwhy

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2010
New Rumor- July 15th?

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere...

But CNET cites a new rumor from Chinese Mac site MIC Gadget that Lion will be released tomorrow (July 15th).

Sorry for more rumors, but we need some light in these dark times....even if they just set us up for disappointment :p

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I sure hope when it is not released on the 15 that someone starts another thread about it being released on the 16. One can only dream these threads will continue each day it is not released :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.