Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011
i was looking at a 15" mbp on apples site in the cart area it shows a pic of a box instead of the computer
Go back a few pages. You will see that the SL images were being replaced with the Lion images but the operation was aborted. Some people (me included) cannot see the images SL or Lion.

frito1224

macrumors regular
May 3, 2011
oklahoma
Go back a few pages. You will see that the SL images were being replaced with the Lion images but the operation was aborted. Some people (me included) cannot see the images SL or Lion.

i seen that i guess they just aint putting the mbp pic up in the cart area until lion gets here

strange now theres no box

Last edited:

PNGento

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2011
I bought my first Apple MBP on June 4th and sounds like I was just a couple days before the cutoff for getting Lion free...I love my MBP so much that I was planning to replace my home windows desktop with an iMac...assuming the iMac will then be eligible for the upgrade when available, will I be able to use that upgrade (I assume it will be a download???) to upgrade my new MBP?

Is that even legal to do? I don't believe in software piracy...if that would be doing so, then I'll just spring for the $30.

jackc

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
So what's the speculation on a significant iWork update following Lion?

sheeracali

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2011
I bought my first Apple MBP on June 4th and sounds like I was just a couple days before the cutoff for getting Lion free...I love my MBP so much that I was planning to replace my home windows desktop with an iMac...assuming the iMac will then be eligible for the upgrade when available, will I be able to use that upgrade (I assume it will be a download???) to upgrade my new MBP?

Is that even legal to do? I don't believe in software piracy...if that would be doing so, then I'll just spring for the $30.

yes, you can download Lion on any Computer you own though the app store as long as you are signed into the same Apple ID. Im assuming they will send you a redemption code for use in the app store once Lion is available. Use that redemption code on one computer, then just check your purchases on the others and Lion should be there to download.

PNGento

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2011
yes, you can download Lion on any Computer you own though the app store as long as you are signed into the same Apple ID. Im assuming they will send you a redemption code for use in the app store once Lion is available. Use that redemption code on one computer, then just check your purchases on the others and Lion should be there to download.

Thank you...but now the question is: How will the Apple store know when I bought the computer? Does any one know how that will work? I bought my MBP at Best Buy...do I first have to submit the receipt? I know the MBP was bought (I believe), 2 days too early to qualify...but if I buy the iMac (likely also from Best Buy), how will I prove it qualifies?

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011
Thank you...but now the question is: How will the Apple store know when I bought the computer? Does any one know how that will work? I bought my MBP at Best Buy...do I first have to submit the receipt? I know the MBP was bought (I believe), 2 days too early to qualify...but if I buy the iMac (likely also from Best Buy), how will I prove it qualifies?

The receipt should do but you must make the request within 30 days of Lion's launch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.