Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jul 15, 2011, 09:23 AM   #1
mrockm01
macrumors regular

Time Machine Backups Not Showing

I had time machine working like a champ on my old computer. I use a partitioned external hard drive connected to my airport at home to backup all of my data. However, I recently got a new MacBook pro. Migration went fine and now I am having trouble starting backups with my new computer.

I am aware that time machine backups are tied to the computer, and that there is not way to resume the backups from a new computer (unless you can code with http://hints.macworld.com/article.ph...80128003716101). So I deleted my old bundle and started over.

Problem: My new computer does not find the previous backups in time machine (from the same computer). Last night I backed up all of my 150GB hard drive, and this morning I can not locate the old backup in time machine. It says that I have no previous backups and the only "version" is the current one. From the pictures, it says that I had a successful backup last night, and that it also can not find it. What should I do?

Thank You
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-07-15 at 10.07.49 AM.png
Views:	100
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	293896  
Attached Images

Old Jul 15, 2011, 03:27 PM   #2
jackhdev
macrumors 6502

I had a problem where I backed up my machine, wiped it, and tried to restore it. It said that it couldn't find any backups on the current Time Capsule. I was beyond scared to death! I then used Finder and looked inside the Time Capsule folder and saw that for some reason, the name of the sparse bundle was Macintosh, and not the name of my computer. So I changed the name and my computer was able to detect it.
jackhdev is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Tags
airport, backup, migration, time machine