Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Okay so I just got my brand new 11" MBA and I'm loving it so far.

I want...or feel like every MBA owner NEEDS these two accessories I'm about to list...let me know if you have any others.

G Form Extreme Sleeve

I got it on Amazon and it's $10 cheaper on Amazon...so go through Amazon.
I felt the ones in store and the 3 sleeves they had didn't seem to offer any real protection...just minor scratches.

Moshi Clearguard 11"

And I decided to get a keyboard protector. Moshi makes the best.

When there are "tiny" spaces where dust or anything else can get under the keys into the MBA...I don't care if it is the PERFECT cover (but this is pretty darn close) I just want to keep my MBA safe.

Let me know if you have any other Accessories you feel are necessary.

Last edited:

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
I think most people won't be interested in those 2 cases or keyboard protector, so it's far from a need. So far I just got a really nice case, headphones, and a new backpack.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
I think most people won't be interested in those 2 cases or keyboard protector, so it's far from a need. So far I just got a really nice case, headphones, and a new backpack.

Which case do you have?

I have dogs and whenever I'm in the living room on the couch I see a white hair or two sitting on the keys...almost going underneath...I need the keyboard thing too lol.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=12957741&#post12957741

It was expensive, but it's a really nice case. I got another big drawstring backpack to replace my old one, and I got the Jabra Halo for headphones.

I think that's all I'll get as far as accessories go, but thinking about the HDMI adapter.
OMG! 195 USD for that thing.

It looks nice...really nice...alot nicer than mine...but for protection I think I got you beat.

Yeah I got an HDMI adapter from MonoPrice for $5 and it's really nice. (I think they just discontinued it though because it was illegal or something?)

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
I wasn't looking for some hardcore protection sleeve. I don't have anybody else playing with/around my things.

And it looks I can get an adapter on the cheap, that is nice.

jason.siegel

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
FYI, the DisplayPort + USB to HDMI adapter has a penchant for overheating and even catching on fire.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.