Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
Does anyone know if KOTOR works on Lion? I want to upgrade on Thursday but I am only 5 hours into KOTOR so would rather finish it off first if it does not work on lion.

Cheers

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
Does anyone know if KOTOR works on Lion? I want to upgrade on Thursday but I am only 5 hours into KOTOR so would rather finish it off first if it does not work on lion.

Cheers

Well the MAS listing for it still says 10.6.6 or later, and has a giant banner at the top stating that they're having a "Lion launch sale, all Aspyr games 20% off). I would assume that they wouldn't be foolish enough to put the spotlight on themselves and run a sale on a game that doesn't work with Lion as a "Lion launch sale", but I don't have the game so I can't test it.

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
I just bought it tonight and on first run I had a kernel protection fault on exit. Also noticing it is not saving my brightness setting on re-launch. 2011 13" MBP.

SlickShoes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
I just bought it tonight and on first run I had a kernel protection fault on exit. Also noticing it is not saving my brightness setting on re-launch. 2011 13" MBP.

I'm still on snow leopard and get problems with the brightness, the setting is correct but i have to click the setting for it to fix itself. Mostly happens when switching between the game and other windows and it is pretty annoying.

koivm

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
enabling cheats

I have Kotor on lion and cant figure out how to enable cheats any of you have this problem or an idea how to fix it?

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
I have Kotor on lion and cant figure out how to enable cheats any of you have this problem or an idea how to fix it?

Have you looked in the thread about this very subject in this sub-forum? I just posted how to get to the cheats there.

Also, the old version of KotoR will run under Lion with the Intel patch.

RayK

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Glad to hear this as I was about to grab my copy of kotor from my parents house.

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
Glad to hear this as I was about to grab my copy of kotor from my parents house.

You won't get the installer to run, though. The installer is PPC. The only reason I've got it in Lion is because I upgraded from SL and it was already installed. If you can extract the necessary files you'll be set, but I don't recall how it was set up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.