Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjeong1381

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2011
Anybody know whats going on with the site? It's been down for at least a week now.

benh911f

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
Yeah, unfortunately, and for whatever reason, it seems to go down every few months or so. It's always usually resolved within a couple weeks. I think the site operator said something about bandwidth issues.

And1ss

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
In the meantime, couldn't you just Google image search? works for me and delicious library.

benh911f

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
In the meantime, couldn't you just Google image search? works for me and delicious library.

I can't speak for others, but for whatever reason when I'm adding movies or TV Shows into iTunes, I like having the official artwork that iTunes supplies. Don't ask why.
And GetVideoArtwork is one of the best/only sites I know that provides this.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I can't speak for others, but for whatever reason when I'm adding movies or TV Shows into iTunes, I like having the official artwork that iTunes supplies. Don't ask why.
And GetVideoArtwork is one of the best/only sites I know that provides this.

I use getvideoartwork.com quite often as well but have found that themoviedb.org has a pretty good selection of high res artwork.

rdb71

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2009
Does Anyone Know What's Happened?

I've noticed over the past few days that GetVideoArtwork now directs me to a connection problem page. Does anyone know exactly what has happened? What a terrible terrible shame it would be to loose that fantastic sight permanently! So many people have put in so many hours making it the fantastic resource it was. Here's hoping it's just a temporary glitch.

rdb71

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2009
I'm having problems accessing valkae.com, all I get when I enter a title in the search bar is a google page with links to various movie or poster sites. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
rdb71

It's ok, I seem to have sorted this problem :)

InsightsIE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2008
Here's a hint: Use iTunes preview. Open the TV show like in itunes preview in safari or chrome. And on the artwork right click on the small artwork and click copy image address. Paste it in the bar and remove the pixel dimensions. Then it will give you the full size artwork.

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
Here's a hint: Use iTunes preview. Open the TV show like in itunes preview in safari or chrome. And on the artwork right click on the small artwork and click copy image address. Paste it in the bar and remove the pixel dimensions. Then it will give you the full size artwork.

A big fat internet kiss for you :p:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.