Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prefer GarageBand with or without the Wood Panels?

• Total voters

Mr Dobey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
I use ProTools, Logic, Reason and Ableton but enjoy using Garageband once in a while to clear my mind of extraneous buttons and enter a zone of simplicity.

Except the wood trim on either side of the sequencer window is distasteful.

Turns out you can simply remove it.

Go to -
1)Applications/GarageBand
2) Control Click GarageBand Icon. click "Show Package Contents" and follow to Contents/Resources.

Now delete the following:

DocWin_BottomLeft.tiff
DocWin_BottomRight.tiff
DocWin_Left.tiff
DocWin_Right.tiff
DocWin_TopLeft.tiff
DocWin_TopRight.tiff

Done. No more wood and GarageBand should now look like the attached photo.

Happy Trails.

:apple:

Attachments

• Screen.png
    Screen.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 676

tylerlovesapple

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2013
Weimar, CA
What about 10.0.2

Since the newer version of GB came out, I've been combing through the framework files trying to find the wooden panels but haven't had any luck. Does anyone know where to find the buggers?

tylerlovesapple

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2013
Weimar, CA
10.0.2 is the same thing

Okay I figured it out if anyone cares. Just do the whole "show contents" thing on Garageband, then from contents go
Frameworks -> MAResources.framework -> Versions -> A -> Resources
and the image files with the word 'wood' anywhere in it, delete those. Reopen GB and the wood will be gone. It looks so much cleaner without it! :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-29 at 10.58.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-29 at 10.58.50 PM.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 301
Reactions: Jess13

Jess13

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
10.0.2 is the same thing

Okay I figured it out if anyone cares. Just do the whole "show contents" thing on Garageband, then from contents go
and the image files with the word 'wood' anywhere in it, delete those. Reopen GB and the wood will be gone. It looks so much cleaner without it! :D

Thank you.

Mr Dobey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
10.0.2 is the same thing

Thanks man! can't believe I started this thread in 2011 and here I am Googling the same thing in 2016. Such a surprise to see iOS 9 with such a modern flat GUI and Garageband still using fake wooden panels.

Reactions: Jess13
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.