Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mzl.itwmpnem.320x480-75.jpg

id Software has dropped the price of the iOS version of its Rage game to free for a limited time. Rage for iOS is an arcade style rails-shooter that has been adapted from the upcoming PC and console version due later this year. The iOS version came out back in November:
RAGE for iOS begins with a selection of three levels (or, "seasons" of the Mutant Bash TV show) along with difficulty levels ranging from "easy" to "nightmare". The goal is to make your way through each of these levels and earning as much in-game cash as possible. RAGE for the iPhone is entirely on rails, and it plays a lot like other arcade-style rails shooters like Time Crisis. The game runs you through each level and you control your field of view, aiming at things with a crosshair in the center of the screen.

The price drop was in response to a Facebook related promotion and will be free for the next week. Both the standard version [App Store] and iPad versions [App Store] are free.

Article Link: id Software's Rage and Rage HD for iPhone and iPad Free for a Week

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Jhonjhon236

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Works in Canada too! Can't wait. Thanks John.

smileyborg

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2009
Both links in the article for the iPhone/iPad "versions" go to the same location, it's a universal app...

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Both links in the article for the iPhone/iPad "versions" go to the same location, it's a universal app...

There should be two links, to two versions: there is both an HD and non-HD version... but BOTH versions are Universal. The “HD” version has fancier textures that newer devices can handle (but is a bigger file to download/store).

Rage (Universal), 540 MB:
http://appshopper.com/games/rage

Rage HD (Universal), 747 MB:
http://appshopper.com/games/rage-hd

Justinf79

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2009
Oregon
Nice, even though I don't own an iOS device anymore, I'm going to get it anyways, since I may get an iPad 3 or something down the road. :D

Also, holy 741MB batman!

Xenc

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
London, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I was dissapointed when I first purchased this as I wasn't aware it was a rails shooter. Frustrating as it was a fairly expensive download! The only time I can suffer a rails shooter is if I have a light gun and I'm in front of an arcade cabinet.

As a free download, though, this is great. The full game on home consoles and PC is going to be amazing.

hms84

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

FREE???
after I paid for it??

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
Nice, getting it without any problems. can't wait for the PC version to come out.:D Game on!

----------

Okay, so for the 3rd gen iPod Touch, should I go for the "basic" version or can I go for the "HD" version while keeping it playable?

Its free download them both. I say do HD first and if your hardware is not up to par then download the other.

I figure A4 and A5 for HD and I am drooling to think what it will look like one day on a ipad 3 that's a lot of polygons

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.