Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Sep 1, 2011, 03:07 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Bungie Aerospace Releases Crimson: Steam Pirates

Rumored earlier this year, Bungie Aerospace, a publishing division of Bungie games, has released Crimson: Steam Pirates by developer Harebrained Schemes. The game is a turn-based strategy game set in a steampunk pirate universe. From the press release:
Quote:
The game includes eight campaign "voyages" set in a swashbuckling Steampunk universe hatched from the mind of Jordan Weisman, founder of Harebrained Schemes and creator of the Battletech, MechWarrior, Crimson Skies, and Shadowrun universes.

Also featured alongside the campaign voyages are two "pass-and-play" multiplayer scenarios; more than a dozen ships, submarines, and zeppelins to command; and a unique cast of crew that lend their special abilities to the player's pirate fleet. Crimson: Steam Pirates will also ship with a second Chapter, "Tales of Captain Blood," that features an additional eight voyages for $1.99.
Though Bungie, the acclaimed game studio responsible for Marathon and Halo, didn't actually create the game, their Bungie Aerospace division was created to help small, independent developers, like Harebrained Schemes successfully launch their mobile and social games.

Crimson: Steam Pirates for the iPad is free on the App Store, with a second "chapter" of levels -- available for $1.99. Future chapters will be released at a later date. [iTunes]

Article Link: Bungie Aerospace Releases Crimson: Steam Pirates
MacRumors is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2011, 03:37 PM   #2
roland.g
macrumors 603

Typically I don't go for stuff like this, but this looks like it could be pretty cool.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 03:47 PM   #3
omegaphil6
Banned

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

A game release? How is this news?
omegaphil6 is offline   -3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2011, 03:51 PM   #4
maverick808
macrumors 65816

There have been several posts about game releases on the frontpage recently. Personally, I hate them, and if it keeps up I'll probably be removing MR from my RSS feed and bookmarks.

EDIT: Ah, this is just in the RSS and not actually on the frontpage... somehow, that is even more annoying.
maverick808 is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2011, 03:54 PM   #5
shareef777
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick808 View Post
There have been several posts about game releases on the frontpage recently. Personally, I hate them, and if it keeps up I'll probably be removing MR from my RSS feed and bookmarks.

EDIT: Ah, this is just in the RSS and not actually on the frontpage... somehow, that is even more annoying.
Agreed, the RSS feed should only contain front page news!
shareef777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2011, 03:56 PM   #6
sexualchocolate
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shareef777 View Post
You guys know that you can only subscribe to the front page news, right? I don't necessarily need to know about this either, so that is what I did.
sexualchocolate is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2011, 04:21 PM   #7
arn
macrumors god

Send a message via AIM to arn
Quote:
Originally Posted by shareef777 View Post
You guys need to subscribe to the front page rss if you don't want blog content.

See: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/05/12/...2011-redesign/
arn is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2011, 04:28 PM   #8
macrumors member

Wow!

It looks like Harebrained Schemes ripped off SteamBirds, how can Bungie be behind this company/startup?

http://www.steambirds.com/
http://www.andymoore.ca/2011/08/the-...of-steambirds/

Also on the iPhone, iPad, and Android

And they even but steam in the title!
.11 is offline   -3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2011, 04:36 PM   #9
maverick808
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexualchocolate View Post
You guys know that you can only subscribe to the front page news, right? I don't necessarily need to know about this either, so that is what I did.
Yeah I realised there was a front page only feed shortly after I posted. Still, my ideal would be to get all the news as I was previously getting, but these game posts are basically just adverts so I guess I will indeed have to stick with front-page only from now on.
maverick808 is offline   -3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2011, 04:52 PM   #10
arn
macrumors god

Send a message via AIM to arn
Quote:
Yeah I realised there was a front page only feed shortly after I posted. Still, my ideal would be to get all the news as I was previously getting, but these game posts are basically just adverts so I guess I will indeed have to stick with front-page only from now on.
You didn't seem to mind Civ V for Mac announcement: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...=#post11472978

It's all on the same spectrum. But yes, we highlight more products on the blogs. If it offends you, then you can easily avoid it using the appropriate feeds

arn
arn is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2011, 04:57 PM   #11
maverick808
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
You didn't seem to mind Civ V for Mac announcement: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...=#post11472978

It's all on the same spectrum. But yes, we highlight more products on the blogs. If it offends you, then you can easily avoid it using the appropriate feeds

arn
Okay, thanks.
maverick808 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:38 PM   #12
benpatient
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaphil6 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

A game release? How is this news?
as opposed to 'The replacement glass panels for an existing glass-paneled store have arrived at the installation location via a truck."

you want more posts like that, then?

nobody is forcing you to read this, much less comment on it.

I wonder how you manage to get anything at all done when you've got to stop at every website and comment on every story you find unworthy.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 12:41 PM   #13
ravenvii
macrumors 604

Quote:
Okay, thanks.
I'm sorry, but I just had to illuminate this post as the most exemplary illustration of "getting owned" I've seen all year.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 02:16 PM   #14
Macopotamus
macrumors regular

Doesn't look like a Bungie game, but it does look fun
Macopotamus is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2011, 03:27 PM   #15
accessoriesguy
macrumors 6502a

wow turn based strategy games have changed. it looks half RTS half TBS!
Old Sep 3, 2011, 03:56 AM   #16
slackpacker
macrumors 6502a

its actually really well done and fun
Old Sep 3, 2011, 11:24 PM   #17
The Economist
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post

arn
This is just too funny.
The Economist is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion