Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Apr 26, 2005, 09:02 PM   #1
macdad2
macrumors member

Powerbook Audio Problem..help!

If there's a thread on this already, please point me to it - i didn't find anything in my searches. Here's the issue... Audio has stopped playing back on my revD 17" powerbook in quicktime and flash environments. This problem occurs with both local files and online. iTunes, Garageband,Audacity, and system audio are all fine. Here's the Quicktime error on a file that played fine yesterday.

"You may experience problems playing a sound track in "whatever movie" because the software component needed by the movie could not be opened."

Streamed flash or QT content = no error message + no audio.

any ideas?

please and thanks
Old Apr 27, 2005, 01:37 AM   #2
ejtrowbridge
macrumors newbie

hmm..

This sounds technical, I would give Apple a call if you can't find a solution in the internet.

-----
Film Director, Producer, Visual Effects Artist
http://www.erictrowbridge.com
-----
ejtrowbridge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 06:27 AM   #3
WinterMute
Moderator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to WinterMute Send a message via MSN to WinterMute
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdad2
If there's a thread on this already, please point me to it - i didn't find anything in my searches. Here's the issue... Audio has stopped playing back on my revD 17" powerbook in quicktime and flash environments. This problem occurs with both local files and online. iTunes, Garageband,Audacity, and system audio are all fine. Here's the Quicktime error on a file that played fine yesterday.

"You may experience problems playing a sound track in "whatever movie" because the software component needed by the movie could not be opened."

Streamed flash or QT content = no error message + no audio.

any ideas?

please and thanks
The error code simply means you don't have the codec that the audio was encoded with, so it won't play, it's not a problem, check under the movie menu in QT, look for Get Movie Properties and navigate to the audio file type, then search for the codec using Gooooogle. You may or may not find it.

You might want to check the Quicktime componants in the System Folder, see if they are still around.
WinterMute is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 12:49 PM   #4
macdad2
macrumors member

Thanks Wintermute. I got everyting working again last night late but I'm not sure what actually fixed it. hmmm.... I check into the quicktime components to see if I can find any clues. Oh well - at least it's working again.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs