Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Sep 6, 2011, 05:15 AM   #1
cactus33
macrumors member

How to transfer documents (pages) from iPad to Mac? Help!

Hi all, I have recently started to use my iPad for taking notes in lectures, and it is great, except the only two ways I can find to transfer my pages documents from iPad --> Mac are A) Emailing via iWork.com or B) Paying for a subscription for WebDav ($$$).

I also attempted to follow this method (best illustrated here: http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...s_with_itunes/). But alas, it doesn't work for me.

So my question is, does anyone know how on earth to transfer documents from the iPad to Mac? I can do it the other way around via Dropbox...

Help Please!

Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2011, 05:20 AM   #2
henry72
macrumors 6502a

1. Goto Share and Print
2. Send to iTunes
3. Choose what kind of format you want to export
4. Plug it into your Mac and goto App, then you will see your exported files under Pages

Same as other Apps

If you don't want to plug the USB cable, you can send it to your email address and download it from your Mac
Old Sep 6, 2011, 05:23 AM   #3
palpatine
macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

i think you can also email dropbox, right?
palpatine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2011, 05:44 AM   #4
cactus33
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry72 View Post
1. Goto Share and Print
2. Send to iTunes
3. Choose what kind of format you want to export
4. Plug it into your Mac and goto App, then you will see your exported files under Pages

Same as other Apps

If you don't want to plug the USB cable, you can send it to your email address and download it from your Mac
Thanks a lot - it works well! Before, I couldn't work out how to access Pages files on iTunes!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by palpatine View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

i think you can also email dropbox, right?
I don't think you can email from pages to dropbox!?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:42 PM   #5
jlsappia
macrumors newbie

Copying multiple pages documents

I followed the thread about exporting Pages documents from IPAD (2) to Macbook using Itunes. I have already sent one document at a tiime...However, I have multiple documents in Pages that I want to transfer. Is there a way to export multiple documents instead of only one at a time?
jlsappia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:48 PM   #6
Mac.World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus33 View Post
Hi all, I have recently started to use my iPad for taking notes in lectures, and it is great, except the only two ways I can find to transfer my pages documents from iPad --> Mac are A) Emailing via iWork.com or B) Paying for a subscription for WebDav ($$$).

I also attempted to follow this method (best illustrated here: http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...s_with_itunes/). But alas, it doesn't work for me.

So my question is, does anyone know how on earth to transfer documents from the iPad to Mac? I can do it the other way around via Dropbox...

Help Please!

Thanks
Do you have iDisk?
Mac.World is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 02:26 PM   #7
1pad
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus33 View Post

Help Please!

Thanks
Yes, basically I followed:

http://gigaom.com/apple/how-to-enabl...iwork-on-ipad/

& transfer (both ways) Pages doc's to & fro from my SL mac mini.

Post back if you have any problems with it, but this works fine here.

HTH.
1pad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 03:07 PM   #8
Qvothe
macrumors newbie

Why don't you just go through iCloud? When you go to iCloud.com and login using your Apple ID, you can access all your pages documents and save them to your mac.
Qvothe is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Tags
documents, ipad, pages