Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Sep 10, 2011, 06:25 PM   #1
twiggy0
macrumors 6502

Macbook Pro won't turn on, help?

My 2007 15" Macbook Pro won't turn on. It was working fine this morning and all of a sudden it's unable to power on. The battery is fully charged and the magsafe cable shows the green light to confirm it's connected. I hold down the power button and nothing. I haven't spilled anything or damaged it.

Any advice on what I could do myself before heading out to an Apple store?
twiggy0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2011, 04:24 PM   #2
regretza
macrumors newbie

So back in June I spilled about a half a glass of water on my keyboard on my macbook pro. I took it to apple, and they, of course said they can fix it with a price. Im a broke college student and can't afford this, so i just left it in my room. (No matter how many times i pressed the power button, it wouldn't turn on). Come August, I decided to just plug it in (to the charger) and press the power button to see if it turns on. When I plugged the charger into the laptop, it just booted up itself, without me pressing the power button, i was extatic. Everything worked fine, all the keys and the mouse. the only thing that didn't work still was the power button, so i knew i had to keep it charged 24/7 in order for it to be used. But alas, while i was in class, i guess i forgot to plug it in, and it died, every since then (about two - three weeks ago) it hasn't turned back on....so i see/heard that you can short a specific place in the back of the macbook in order to start it, and also, you can press the right keys to also start it....is this true...what should I do? I know my computer works and everything, because it was working perfectly for about a month...

Where are the 3 and 9 pins, and how do you exactly "Short" something?
regretza is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Tags
macbook pro, power