Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Sep 14, 2011, 01:49 AM   #1
greytmom
macrumors 68020

iTunes account hacked

I have done a search but don't see anything addressing this particular issue: My account was hacked tonight and a game downloaded, and the person is now doing in-app purchases. She/He has already racked up about $100 in charges. I've instituted a PayPal dispute, changed iTunes and PayPal passwords, deauthorized all computers then reauthorized just this one, removed my PayPal account from iTunes, etc.

I thought I would go ahead and do the "report a problem" tool through iTunes as well, but when I click on the link to report a problem, it just takes me to the internet. I've signed in several times to try and use the tool, but it won't let me. Any ideas?

I think when someone does an in-app purchase, it asks for password... is that correct? So, since I've changed mine, the person shouldn't be able to do any further purchases?

Any help you can give as to any other steps I should take would be most appreciated.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 01:52 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5

Changing Your Password

Quote:
Originally Posted by greytmom View Post
I have done a search but don't see anything addressing this particular issue: My account was hacked tonight and a game downloaded, and the person is now doing in-app purchases. She/He has already racked up about $100 in charges. I've instituted a PayPal dispute, changed iTunes and PayPal passwords, deauthorized all computers then reauthorized just this one, removed my PayPal account from iTunes, etc.

I thought I would go ahead and do the "report a problem" tool through iTunes as well, but when I click on the link to report a problem, it just takes me to the internet. I've signed in several times to try and use the tool, but it won't let me. Any ideas?

I think when someone does an in-app purchase, it asks for password... is that correct? So, since I've changed mine, the person shouldn't be able to do any further purchases?

\

Any help you can give as to any other steps I should take would be most appreciated.
Should prevent the individual from making any more unauthorised purchases but you need to get in touch with Apple about this.....If the person is someone you know they may be able to hack your account again....Phone the support number for iTunes:

http://www.apple.com/contact/

They will be able to help you.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps