Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Calvinatir

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2003
LA
So i just finished installing Tiger and I open up Apple Mail to check my mail and nothing is there. It still says Gmail and Pepperdine Mail on the side but i have nothing in my inbox and im not receiving any mail at all. What's wrong?

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
Did you make a backup?

Did you at least make a backup? I haven't installed Tiger yet so I wouldn't be able to give you any pointers. Hopefully you made a backup of your mail.

trojan18

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2005
please tell me..

Please tell me that you didn't do an archive and install and forget to save your mailboxes on a disc before you installed Tiger....please.

If you did, you can import them from the old system folders that are still on your hard drive. Assuming of course that everything was copied smoothly. (Which is why you should back it up)

Calvinatir

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2003
LA
:) I did an upgrade. My mail program won't even open correctly or close correctly. No backup...kicking myself...

Calvinatir

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2003
LA
even if i did a backup, it won't let my import or export or anything. It's all blurred out

Calvinatir

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2003
LA
FIXED IT...I found my old mailboxes, copied them and saved them elsewhere. Then i deleted the plist file in my users folder for mail. Everything works fine now! I did have to recreate all my accounts though. All back to normal. I believe what caused it was using the HTTPMail thing for my hotmail account. weird :confused:

BrianR

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2004
I had the same problem but when I removed the httpmail files from the mail preferences folder it imported all my mailboxes and settings.

Klondijk

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2005
Httpmail is the culprit

Same here, had some nervous moments there, everythings back to normal now, though i don't use the htpmail plug-in (I forgot it was in there).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.