Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 10, 2011, 08:58 PM   #1
willpower101
macrumors regular

Updated new facebook app. Iphone froze, rebooted & stuck on white apple logo!

Is there anyway I can fix it without restoring from a backup? (don't want to loose everything) :P
Old Oct 10, 2011, 09:08 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Damn.
Now I'm affraid to update Facebook
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2011, 09:09 PM   #3
xMrNicholas
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to xMrNicholas
i deleted the app then did a fresh install. works great!
xMrNicholas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2011, 09:13 PM   #4
willpower101
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMrNicholas View Post
i deleted the app then did a fresh install. works great!
was going to do this but it won't reboot :P

So I found out she doesn't sync apps or photos in itunes, however she did sync a few days ago.

Where those backed up though?
Will a restore overwrite those and cause her to lose all app data / apps and photos?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 09:22 PM   #5
andrewr2123
macrumors member

The same exact thing happened to me.

I downloaded the update, restarted my phone, and it's been on the logo for 3 hours now... I can't find a way to fix it...
andrewr2123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2011, 09:42 PM   #6
doctet
macrumors newbie

Iphone 4 Facebook update apple logo

Thanks Facebook, same thing happened to me.
doctet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2011, 09:50 PM   #7
flounder21
macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Same thing happened to mine as well. I had tried to do a hard reset but it just kept restarting....finally got it to shut off completely. Then restarted fine after about 10 minutes. I thought it was toast!
flounder21 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:08 PM   #8
doctet
macrumors newbie

Facebook iPhone Lock up

I just experienced the same kept soft resetting eventually shut off, waited a bit and hit the power button to turn back on, about 4 minutes phone back! Keep playing with it guys until it shuts off, phone acts normal now
doctet is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:45 PM   #9
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Hell no, Im not even bothering with it untill they issue a new update that doesnt screw up peoples phones.
Applejuiced is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:07 PM   #10
willpower101
macrumors regular

another friend had to double click home, force close the app, delete the it, and reinstall it before the phone rebooted to get it to work.

We ended up restoring, but first we used reincubate iphone backup extractor in trial mode to verify that all the photos and game data from the last year was in the most recent backup. (it was)

Hopefully it will be better in 30 minutes. /crosses fingers.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 03:10 AM   #11
Mess
macrumors 6502

works fine on mine, iPhone4 ios5
Mess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 03:22 AM   #12
blunti
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
works fine on mine, iPhone4 ios5
same
blunti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:27 AM   #13
ltaxson
macrumors newbie

Same here

Just loaded the FB app. When it was installing on my 4G is stopped 3/4 of the way through and it froze my phone. After doing a reset, I now get the Apple Logo appearing and nothing else. I have tried resetting a few times, but not luck. It just keeps bringing up the apple logo. It has been like this for 30 minutes now. Anyone know how to get the phone to actually stay off and not re-boot?
ltaxson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:43 AM   #14
sawah
macrumors 6502a

I didn't have any problems updating facebook this morning. Seems to work just about a good as facebook always has :P
Old Oct 11, 2011, 01:03 PM   #15
tigrrgrrl13
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltaxson View Post
Just loaded the FB app. When it was installing on my 4G is stopped 3/4 of the way through and it froze my phone. After doing a reset, I now get the Apple Logo appearing and nothing else. I have tried resetting a few times, but not luck. It just keeps bringing up the apple logo. It has been like this for 30 minutes now. Anyone know how to get the phone to actually stay off and not re-boot?
same here! i thought my 3gs just finally died, but now i see that i'm not the only one having this problem. has anyone tried this?
tigrrgrrl13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 03:07 PM   #16
AndrewR23
macrumors 68020

Happened to me too. Finally restarted after 10 mins.
AndrewR23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 04:22 PM   #17
S7A2G6
macrumors member

FB update dis the same thing to me this morning. I did a hard reset (the real one) hold home and power at the same time. The "power off" comes down. Keep holding. Then the white apple comes on. Keep holding. Then the white apple screen will flash and come right back to white apple. After that, I left it alone, plugged into my MacBook. Mowed the lawn (2hours) and when I came back everything was fine. Had to re update FB, but everything works great.

The new FB app is far far far better than the previous. I wish I could say the same for the actual site. Anywho, hope this helps!
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:33 PM   #18
darkgoob
macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sounds like the mobileme keychain sync bug. How many of you people with this problem use mobileme for syncing?

I've seen it as an iOS developer. I sync my keychain to mobile me on my mac, then when i install an update of my app, it bricks the phone due to a mismatch of some keychain data. Evidently it makes iOS think that it's being jailbroken, so it goes into lockdown.

That could be the case here, since facebook probably relies on stored credentials for its HTTPS encryption.

Either way there is NO WAY this is facebook's fault! Apple's OS should never do this, ever, no matter how crappy an app may be. It should never ever do this.

This is 100% Apple's fault!
darkgoob is offline   -1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting