Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:00 AM   #1
ddublu
macrumors 6502a

Process on device to upgrade from iPhone 4 to iPhone 4S

I will be giving my wife my iPhone 4 when my iPhone 4S arrives. Do I just back up my device in iCloud, wipe it and give it to her to start syncing with her iTunes account and then activate my 4S and restore from backup?
ddublu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:08 AM   #2
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Backup your iPhone 4 w/ iTunes. Sync new iPhone 4S w/ ITunes. It will ask if you want to set up as new phone or use a backup file. Select backup file & choose your last iPhone 4 backup. It will then xfer everything to new phone.

Next hook iPhone 4 back into iTunes and hit the restore button. When it's done it will ask if you want to set up as new. Hit that option & the phone is now ready for your wife to make as her own.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:14 AM   #3
ddublu
macrumors 6502a

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:08 PM   #4
ddublu
macrumors 6502a

One more thing to ask about here.... My wife is coming from a Blackberry and uses Gmail for her email. She hasn't synced anything really in the past and I'd like to get her contacts over to the iPhone from her Blackberry. I dont see the need for her to sign up for a .me account so would like to keep everything under Gmail. How would I do this?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:18 PM   #5
Mademan12321
macrumors 6502

If your wife has her contacts in google they should transfer over. At the contacts tab have it sync the data from google to your iPhone and all your contacts should have been added.
Mademan12321 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone