Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacKid1983

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
What will happen to iOS 5 GM release when iOS 5 will officially be launched today, I have installed iOS 5 GM release on my iPhone 4, from a download off the internet. it was an ispw file.

Will iTunes ask me again to install the update, can anyone help? :(

Also, the build on my iOS5 GM is (9A334) will this number be different on the "Official Launch version"? -I just don't want an issue on my phone if i need to bring it to Apple and they see that and ask questions.

MacKid1983

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011

Thanks!

But yeah I want to know if the build number will change. Does anyone have an answer?

I have my iPhone connected to iTunes and I hit check for update and it says " 5.0 is the current version"

But I go to settings / general / software update on my iPhone and it says "unable to check for update" error occurred.... HMPH

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Thanks!

But yeah I want to know if the build number will change. Does anyone have an answer?

I have my iPhone connected to iTunes and I hit check for update and it says " 5.0 is the current version"

But I go to settings / general / software update on my iPhone and it says "unable to check for update" error occurred.... HMPH

Well like I said! why don't u try to click update, and see if it will do that!

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Thanks!

ummm, that is also answered in that link, did you read the thread?

dtdyer01

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
I'm also on ios5 beta 7 on iphone, check for updates, and it says current version.
On iPad 2 it's now downloading new public ios5. How do I get the public version on the iphone

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
The build numbers are identical. The release today is the same as the GM release. They are exactly identical - you're all good! :cool:

dtdyer01

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
Do you know the links to download the GM realise?

----------

Do you know the links to download the GM realise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.