Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BuckDot

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Looks like everyone is getting the error (lots on Twitter too)

If you upgraded successfully, did you have the newest iTunes version and most current iOS4 version?

FallenAnjel

macrumors member
May 10, 2010
On and Island that is Long.
Looks like everyone is getting the error (lots on Twitter too)

If you upgraded successfully, did you have the newest iTunes version and most current iOS4 version?

Good thing I didn't upgrade! The only wire I have won't work, so I didn't upgrade last night.

I'm a dope, because I would have done it and I'm one of the people that tells everyone to wait to d/l new software until the bugs are worked out, LOL.

FallenAnjel

macrumors member
May 10, 2010
On and Island that is Long.
Good thing I didn't upgrade! The only wire I have won't work, so I didn't upgrade last night.

I'm a dope, because I would have done it and I'm one of the people that tells everyone to wait to d/l new software until the bugs are worked out, LOL.

I wonder if those that got errors didn't upgrade to iTunes 10.5? You should get a pop up when you start iTunes that there's a new version available. I only did it because I hadn't used iTunes in a while and wanted to see if there was an update. However I think I would have anyway because I've learned from past experience that sometimes not updating can cause problems.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
My update on my iP4 was fine, it's my iPad killing me. But I suppose they're hammered at the moment.

iggypod

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
My iphone4 upgraded like a champ. iPad failed and still failing. 4 other iDevices to go.

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO
Updated my 3gs just fine. I did have the error where my "Other" data in my phone was about 5GB but that went down when it was done syncing.

Yes i did have 10.5 itunes and 4.3.5 iOS before i started

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
iPhone update worked (but took maybe 2.5 hours to update and restore everything), but the iPad failed. After 15-20+ attempts, the upgrade finally worked, and my iPad is currently restoring apps (which will be followed by restoring music & videos -- this will probably take another 3+ hours, but at least the difficult firmware upgrade is done).

Apple's servers are currently horribly overloaded, and the upgrade process requires that they be contacted (in addition to downloading the upgrade). If iTunes has trouble talking to Apple's servers, the upgrade is going to fail. There's nothing that you can really do about this, except wait and retry.

guada54

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2011
Finally worked

I was getting a restore error or internal error, or something like that. I downloaded the new Mac update 10.7.2 and installed it. Tried to install the ios5 update again and it failed again with the same internal error message. Then I just went to back to the basics, i turned off my iPad, turned it back on, made sure it was unlocked (in the home screen) and then clicked update. It backed up pretty quickly and then it did its thing. try doing all of those steps. I am not sure which one did the trick.

shurcooL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
Guys, does all your App's settings/configuration/saved data remain after you upgrade to iOS 5?

Candy87

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2009
not me i have been trying since 2...i knw alot of ppl r getting error messages ... am i just getting "this device isn't eligible for requested build"

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Anyone having time out issues? There's no error or anything, just says timed out. Anyone know of possible causes?

bcbryanc

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
After a couple tries, I ended up restoring and than updating to os5 and that seemed to do the trick.

esco

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2005
Myrtle Beach, SC
Updated my iPhone 4 during work quickly with no problems. Trying to update my iPad 2 now and it's extremely slow. I've also tried to move my MobileMe account to iCloud all day but it keeps giving me an error message.

No worries... I can wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.