Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:33 PM   #1
onthecouchagain
Banned

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I set it up in general setting under keyboards but it doesn't seem to work. The default one "omw!" (on my way ) works. but new ones I add don't seem to work.

Anyone else? Updated to ios 5 on my iPhone 4.
onthecouchagain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:52 PM   #2
French
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I set it up in general setting under keyboards but it doesn't seem to work. The default one "omw!" (on my way ) works. but new ones I add don't seem to work.

Anyone else? Updated to ios 5 on my iPhone 4.
Try rebooting your phone. Mine is working as expected.
French is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 04:04 PM   #3
onthecouchagain
Banned

Whoops! I'm an idiot. I had it reversed. So that "tomorrow" wrote out "tmr" instead of the other way around.

Btw the keyboard is still pretty unresponsive in ios5. T still missed key presses. I'm a fast thumber. :T
onthecouchagain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 04:06 PM   #4
bandofbrothers
macrumors 68040

Ive just checked and my iPhone 4 on ios5 is working fine with this setting.

iPhone 6 Plus 16GB Space Grey - iOS 8.1.1
iPad Air 16GB Space Grey. - iOS 8.1.1
bandofbrothers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 04:08 PM   #5
Axiem
macrumors member

Yeah, the first time I did it, I did it backwards, also. The order they ask you to type them in is weird.
Axiem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 04:21 PM   #6
sviato
macrumors 68020

Most of mine work, but "yo" still auto-corrects to "to" or "up", pretty annoying as I was excited for this to be fixed
sviato is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:44 AM   #7
MACaRHOni
macrumors newbie

Keyboard Shortcuts Completely Screwed Up!

I added tons of keyboard shortcuts on my iPhone, and randomly the whole setting completely bugged. I am unable to modify or delete any shortcuts; I can only add them. The screen where you can view all shortcuts is blank, and the "Edit" button does nothing (since I can't view the shortcuts that I want to edit). Please help! I need to remove some of the shortcuts because they interfere with shorthand texting with my foreign friends
MACaRHOni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2011, 09:42 AM   #8
AlphaVictor87
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sviato View Post
Most of mine work, but "yo" still auto-corrects to "to" or "up", pretty annoying as I was excited for this to be fixed
add a shortcut and put in yo for just the phrase and leave shortcut blank.

Should fix your issue, i've done that with little phrases like that.
AlphaVictor87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:17 AM   #9
Kopfjager
macrumors newbie

Same Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACaRHOni View Post
I added tons of keyboard shortcuts on my iPhone, and randomly the whole setting completely bugged. I am unable to modify or delete any shortcuts; I can only add them. The screen where you can view all shortcuts is blank, and the "Edit" button does nothing (since I can't view the shortcuts that I want to edit). Please help! I need to remove some of the shortcuts because they interfere with shorthand texting with my foreign friends

Keyboard, Shortcuts user interface is blank. Shortcuts still work but you cannot see them in the ui. Have been able to fix?
Kopfjager is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:43 AM   #10
Sensientuk
macrumors newbie

I had this issue since upgrading an IPhone 4 to IOS 6. One of the changes in IOS 6 is backing up the shortcuts to the cloud so on a whim I turned off "settings->ICloud->documents and data" then checked my shortcuts... some were missing some were duplicated (I assume the cloud and my device had the shortcut but sych had not worked correctly) deleted to duplicates.

BUT the others now worked.

Turned "settings->ICloud->documents and data" back on, created a new shortcut and this now worked also.

Time will tell if this "fix" is only temporary - but to me it looks like an issue with the ICloud synch

HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopfjager View Post
Keyboard, Shortcuts user interface is blank. Shortcuts still work but you cannot see them in the ui. Have been able to fix?
Sensientuk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2012, 02:36 PM   #11
varunmaini2011
macrumors newbie

Reboot your Phone

The same problem i am Facing and i rebooted my phone 2 times and the problem was solved.....
varunmaini2011 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier