Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:00 PM   #1
paulold
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
error: two Photo Streams

Anyone else have two Photo Stream photo albums in the Photos app on their iPhone? After spending the day trying to get everything set up correctly on my iPhone 4S and all my iOS devices, and two hours with Apple tech support, the only issue I have left is I have two photo streams on my iPhone. One is empty and the other has my streamed pics and seems to be working fine. Tech support suggested I could do a full restore to get rid of the extra album, but I don't feel like going thru all that. I think I'll wait until the next iOS update, unless someone has another solution...
__________________
MacBook Pro 2011 17" 2.2Ghz, iPad Wifi 32GB, iPhone 4S 64GB Verizon, iPod Classic 80GB, Apple TV 2, Time Capsule 1 TB
paulold is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:04 PM   #2
navindralr
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulold View Post
Anyone else have two Photo Stream photo albums in the Photos app on their iPhone? After spending the day trying to get everything set up correctly on my iPhone 4S and all my iOS devices, and two hours with Apple tech support, the only issue I have left is I have two photo streams on my iPhone. One is empty and the other has my streamed pics and seems to be working fine. Tech support suggested I could do a full restore to get rid of the extra album, but I don't feel like going thru all that. I think I'll wait until the next iOS update, unless someone has another solution...
same thing happened to me... i just turned off photo stream, and turned it back on (in the iPhone settings), and it fixed it. Only one photo stream album...

it might have been bc i had two .me accounts on my phone? I'm not sure. Either way I think I fixed it.
navindralr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 09:00 PM   #3
paulold
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Apple had me try the following:

- turning off/on Photo Stream
- turning off/on iCloud
- resetting network settings
- reset all settings

Plus we tried turning on and off the phone. The only thing we didn't try was the full restore.
__________________
MacBook Pro 2011 17" 2.2Ghz, iPad Wifi 32GB, iPhone 4S 64GB Verizon, iPod Classic 80GB, Apple TV 2, Time Capsule 1 TB
paulold is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:14 PM   #4
tedrusky
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Did you use a different email to set up the phone?

When I set up my iPhone in iOS5 on my 4s, I initially used a Gmail address (which happens to be my apple ID and is connected with the Apple Store). After iOS5 was up and running I switched iCloud from the Gmail address to my "me.com" address and experienced what you are describing; two Photo Streams in the photo app.

My solution was to delete the existing iCloud account on my iPhone. Then I set up iCloud with the Gmail address (or whatever address you used to set up the phone) and turned on Photo Stream. I took a picture with the camera and waited for it to populate in the Photo Stream, so it would no longer be empty. I then deleted the Gmail iCloud account. This deleted the Photo Stream from the photo app.

Finally, I set up iCloud again with my "me.com" address and now I only have one Photo Stream.
tedrusky is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 12:33 PM   #5
paulold
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrusky View Post
Did you use a different email to set up the phone?
I was a bit confused with my setup because I had the two email addresses - my main AOL address which is my iTunes account and my .me/.mac address from my MobileMe account. And I think whatever combination of confusion I entered into my iPad and iPhone on Friday caused the extra photo stream album to appear in my iPhone and it somehow got disconnected from whatever iCloud account it belonged to. So while I am now only using one Apple ID for everything (my AOL address account) and it's working fine on most of my devices, that empty photo stream is still lingering on my iPhone.

I did experience one unusual thing while I was setting things up. At first I thought I was going to be someone who had to use both my AOL and my .me IDs - my AOL for buying songs & iTunes Match, my .me account for contacts, mail, etc on iCloud, especially since I had a MobileMe account that I wanted to move (and did move) to iCloud. I read up on it before I set up my iPhone and I thought I was doing things right. But at one point, I noticed that my old .mac account was back. And I think I purchased an app with it on my iPad. What was unusual about it was it had all my really old information (old home address) and it asked me to update my credit card information. I know .mac is supposed to be the same as .me, but it seemed like it was separate. So I think that's part of why my photo stream is messed up.
__________________
MacBook Pro 2011 17" 2.2Ghz, iPad Wifi 32GB, iPhone 4S 64GB Verizon, iPod Classic 80GB, Apple TV 2, Time Capsule 1 TB
paulold is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:23 PM   #6
JF23
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrusky View Post
When I set up my iPhone in iOS5 on my 4s, I initially used a Gmail address (which happens to be my apple ID and is connected with the Apple Store). After iOS5 was up and running I switched iCloud from the Gmail address to my "me.com" address and experienced what you are describing; two Photo Streams in the photo app.

My solution was to delete the existing iCloud account on my iPhone. Then I set up iCloud with the Gmail address (or whatever address you used to set up the phone) and turned on Photo Stream. I took a picture with the camera and waited for it to populate in the Photo Stream, so it would no longer be empty. I then deleted the Gmail iCloud account. This deleted the Photo Stream from the photo app.

Finally, I set up iCloud again with my "me.com" address and now I only have one Photo Stream.
Thanks, this worked for me.
JF23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 02:07 PM   #7
paulold
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Just an update. Finally decided to restore my iPhone, per Apple Care's instructions, and it didn't help. I still have two photo streams in my Photos app. And when I turn off iCloud or Photo Stream, it only gets rid of one. The empty one seems to be a permanent feature of my Photos app.

I've also learned that my friend has trouble sending me a FaceTime call. My iPhone doesn't receive the call and sometimes my laptop gets the call instead.

Something is clearly messed up with my Apple ID. And I think this is on Apple's end.
__________________
MacBook Pro 2011 17" 2.2Ghz, iPad Wifi 32GB, iPhone 4S 64GB Verizon, iPod Classic 80GB, Apple TV 2, Time Capsule 1 TB
paulold is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 08:53 PM   #8
xStarseedx
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JF23 View Post
Thanks, this worked for me.
I agree, this worked for me too.
xStarseedx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:34 PM   #9
PNutts
macrumors 601
 
PNutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest, US
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulold View Post
Just an update. Finally decided to restore my iPhone, per Apple Care's instructions, and it didn't help. I still have two photo streams in my Photos app. And when I turn off iCloud or Photo Stream, it only gets rid of one. The empty one seems to be a permanent feature of my Photos app.

I've also learned that my friend has trouble sending me a FaceTime call. My iPhone doesn't receive the call and sometimes my laptop gets the call instead.

Something is clearly messed up with my Apple ID. And I think this is on Apple's end.
You may get some play over in the iCloud forum or possibly even the iOS 5 forum. I don't remember seeing this discussed before over in those two but it's worth a shot if you don't get resolution here.
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:23 PM   #10
paulold
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
problem solved

All thanks go to tedrusky. For me, my main account is an AOL address and since I had MobileMe, I had a .me account too that I rarely used. And when I originally set up my iPhone, I wasn't sure which address I was supposed to use. It didn't help that the setup screens were suggesting I use my .mac address which totally confused me since I thought those went away some time ago.

So taking a chance that the extra, empty photo stream belonged to my .me account, I deleted my current aol iCloud account, switched iCloud to my .me address, added a picture to the photo stream on the phone, deleted the .me iCloud account and reinstated my main aol iCloud account. Not only did it work, but my one and only photo stream filled itself back up with the photos that were in there before.

And now with iOS 5.1, I can delete the photos I really don't want in there. : )

Not sure why I didn't try this sooner - I don't think I saw the steps as something different from what I was already trying. Thank you! So nice to get rid of that finally!
__________________
MacBook Pro 2011 17" 2.2Ghz, iPad Wifi 32GB, iPhone 4S 64GB Verizon, iPod Classic 80GB, Apple TV 2, Time Capsule 1 TB
paulold is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
icloud, iphone, photo stream

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shared Photo Streams kieranet iOS 7 4 Jun 16, 2013 06:24 PM
Shared Photo Streams wolfpackfan iCloud and Apple Services 0 Sep 24, 2012 11:38 AM
Is shared photo streams in ML? SmittS OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 3 Jul 19, 2012 06:34 PM
Photo streams should have same content but do not el.jeffe58 iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 4 Jul 13, 2012 02:18 AM
Shared Photo Streams roland.g iOS 6 4 Jun 22, 2012 05:07 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC