Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:03 AM   #1
timidhermit
macrumors regular

How to sign out from iCloud on iPhone with iOS 5.0

I admitted that I am missing something obvious here...

I created a new Apple ID for iCloud on my iPhone, but I can't seem to find a way to "sign out" or "log out" of that Apple ID (for iCloud) to sign in with another Apple ID. The only account login I could change was the Store.

How do I "log out" or "sign out" of iCloud on my iPhone? There is an option to delete the account, but I just want to log off. I want to keep the account name for future use.
timidhermit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:36 PM   #2
funpony
macrumors newbie

I had this same issue

Here's what I did: First, go into your mail, contacts, calendars settings on the iPhone. Do delete the account that says iCloud on your list of email accounts. It will ask if you want to delete all associated data on this iPhone, etc. Click yes. Then you log back in via the iCloud panel using the me.com log in you wanted.

After I did this I went to icloud.com and was able to log in using the other icloud id, so you don't need to worry about the account being deleted. It just deletes from the iPhone.
funpony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:37 PM   #3
ohio.emt
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to ohio.emt Send a message via MSN to ohio.emt Send a message via Yahoo to ohio.emt
You can just log in a second id by sitting up in the mail settings. Then just turn off what you don't want on the id's.
ohio.emt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:25 AM   #4
Technologydumb
macrumors newbie

I had logged into the "amazing" iCloud with my mother and we are both logged in but I hate it, And I'd like to log out my mother wants to keep the account but have me log out which I can't seem to do without deleting everything I and her have. Can somebody please help? It's been very frustrating.
Technologydumb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:28 AM   #5
batting1000
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technologydumb View Post
I had logged into the "amazing" iCloud with my mother and we are both logged in but I hate it, And I'd like to log out my mother wants to keep the account but have me log out which I can't seem to do without deleting everything I and her have. Can somebody please help? It's been very frustrating.
All it deletes is stuff saved in iCloud such as bookmarks, notes, reminders, iCloud calendar events, etc. It won't delete apps or app data.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting