Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:47 PM   #1
Jefferyd32
macrumors regular

No Itunes match in October?

So I thought iTunes match was supposed to be active before the end of October? What is the deal? What's the holdup?
Jefferyd32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:59 PM   #2
sdbutler
macrumors newbie

Yeah, I've been waiting all day for it to happen. No rumors whatsoever.

I am still really looking forward to it!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Tokenfreak
macrumors member

Maybe there are planning on releasing it at like 11:59pm haha
Tokenfreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:48 PM   #4
brett.fish
macrumors newbie

no change on Apple site

still says "coming soon", and no mention of it in the main iTunes page

They said end of October, so if it doesn't release today I think they should at least offer an explanation and updated release date
brett.fish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:55 PM   #5
Tortri
macrumors 6502a

Probably last minute glitches or not quite up to par and wanted to fix it completely.
Tortri is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:58 PM   #6
Tokenfreak
macrumors member

If Apple does not release it by the end of today this is a huge failure on Apple's part. If the knew they couldn't release it today although they said they were they should have at least sent out a press releasing saying so and postponing it and not just leave us in the dark with no clue. I hope this is not the beginning stages on the company starting to fall apart without Steve.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortri View Post
Probably last minute glitches or not quite up to par and wanted to fix it completely.

Even if that is the case, they should still let us know if they can't meet the deadline. They still have a few hours but it doesn't look like its going to happen.
Tokenfreak is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:05 PM   #7
tbrule
macrumors newbie

A taste for the dramatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwd41190 View Post
If Apple does not release it by the end of today this is a huge failure on Apple's part. If the knew they couldn't release it today although they said they were they should have at least sent out a press releasing saying so and postponing it and not just leave us in the dark with no clue. I hope this is not the beginning stages on the company starting to fall apart without Steve.[COLOR="#808080"]
A huge failure? Is it really a "huge failure" if they miss the "later October" by a few days or even a week or two? I don't think so.

Also, your comment about this possibly being the beginning stages of the company starting to fall apart without Steve is quite dramatic. The white iPhone 4 was eight months late and somehow the company is still going strong.
tbrule is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:30 PM   #8
whyamihere
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrule View Post
The white iPhone 4 was eight months late and somehow the company is still going strong.
Good point. And that delay was likely due to Steve's unwillingness to release an inferior product. So if anything, the delay in releasing iTunes Match could indicate that Apple really is carrying on Steve's legacy by taking extra time to make sure they aren't releasing crap.
whyamihere is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:43 PM   #9
Tokenfreak
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrule View Post
A huge failure? Is it really a "huge failure" if they miss the "later October" by a few days or even a week or two? I don't think so.

Also, your comment about this possibly being the beginning stages of the company starting to fall apart without Steve is quite dramatic. The white iPhone 4 was eight months late and somehow the company is still going strong.
Apple rarely ever misses a deadline. When they say something it happens! If they miss a deadline now it looks pretty bad in my opinion. It looks as if they are having trouble managing everything without Steve.

With Steve gone, a lot of people feel as if Apple may not make it very far. With these minor slips up these could be a chain reaction causing a lot of problems. I know the white iPhone 4 was delayed but Apple did make an announcement about it and that's what they should do here if this is the case.

I would rather wait and make sure everything works great before they release it but they should let us know if they can't make this deadline. They only have a few more hours.
Tokenfreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:09 PM   #10
spokes1124
macrumors member

It is snowing in hell

They have lied to us. No news announcement. No postponement. Just the first of many lies that Apple will spoon feed us now that Jobs is gone.
spokes1124 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:19 PM   #11
Peace
macrumors P6

Well the good part is Match will be coming to the Apple TV now.

That's new I think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	matchonappletv.png
Views:	74
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	310183  
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod