Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
I'm getting "iTunes cannot sync apps to the iPhone “iPhone 4” because the apps installed on the iPhone could not be determined." and "The iPhone "iPhone 4" cannot be synced. The required disk cannot be found".

This is a new problem that started up yesterday or the day before. I've changed nothing on my phone. It's doing this with the wireless sync as well as physically connecting.

Help?

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I'm getting "iTunes cannot sync apps to the iPhone “iPhone 4” because the apps installed on the iPhone could not be determined." and "The iPhone "iPhone 4" cannot be synced. The required disk cannot be found".

This is a new problem that started up yesterday or the day before. I've changed nothing on my phone. It's doing this with the wireless sync as well as physically connecting.

Help?

I just searched around for others who have had similiar errors and the two suggestions that seemed to help were:
  • Restart the phone (I know, sounds simple but it worked for some)
  • Check your firewall program (while you may not have changed anything on your phone, maybe you changed something on your computer or network?)
Links to what I found below:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3395256?start=15&tstart=0
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2408079?start=15&tstart=0

estockme

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
huh, i was having this problem, told siri restart, 5 seconds later i'm back and connected. now i just have to keep my self from obsessing over it...

dancingred

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2012
I had this same problem. I tried restarting phone and changing usb cables, but that didn't work. Quitting and reopening iTunes did the trick for me, and now my phone is able to sync again. :) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.