Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Nov 11, 2011, 02:32 PM   #1
Gregintosh
macrumors 65816

Photostream not capturing all my photos?

I have had an issue where sometimes a picture I take with my iPhone does not get uploaded to my photo stream. For example, I was in the park and took about 6 pictures. 1 of them never made it to Photostream even though it is still on my phone.

Yesterday, I snapped another picture somewhere and it is still not on my photo stream (even though it remains on the phone).

My question is, is there something that causes this bug? The only thing I can think of is possible double hitting the home button and taking the photo when it was locked. Though I am not sure if that is what I did for the photo a while ago, but it is on the one I took yesterday.

Also, is there any way to force a photo from the camera roll to Photostream so I can get the missing two photos in there?
Old Nov 11, 2011, 04:17 PM   #2
thunderbunny
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbunny View Post
I have found this problem since the iCloud betas came out. Not found a way of pushing photos to PhotoStream manually. Needless to say the potentially award winning artistic snap of the mating dragonfly is never pushed to iCloud while the drunken picture of the barmaids arse always ends up on all of my devices....
But I can live with that
thunderbunny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2011, 09:46 AM   #3
intensem1dh
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregintosh View Post
I have had an issue where sometimes a picture I take with my iPhone does not get uploaded to my photo stream. For example, I was in the park and took about 6 pictures. 1 of them never made it to Photostream even though it is still on my phone.

Yesterday, I snapped another picture somewhere and it is still not on my photo stream (even though it remains on the phone).

My question is, is there something that causes this bug? The only thing I can think of is possible double hitting the home button and taking the photo when it was locked. Though I am not sure if that is what I did for the photo a while ago, but it is on the one I took yesterday.

Also, is there any way to force a photo from the camera roll to Photostream so I can get the missing two photos in there?
Having the same problem and haven't found a fix yet.
intensem1dh is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 08:57 AM   #4
thewhitehart
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to thewhitehart Send a message via Yahoo to thewhitehart
Having the same problem.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:39 AM   #5
KandyKane
macrumors 6502

That happened to me, but when I power cycled my iPhone, the ones that got stuck got added.

Happens to my calendar sometimes too (add things to iCal but then it doesn't come on the phone/iPad properly until a power cycle, used to happen more on MobileMe, I thought it was because I had JB devices though.)
KandyKane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:13 AM   #6
Jockster
macrumors newbie

Same problem

I have the exact same problem on my iPad2. I import pictures from a camera and random pictures does not end up in the photostrem. Very anoying. Anyone found a soulution for this, or at least found a way to forece the missing pictures to the photostream?

My "best" solution to solve this at this point is to upload the missing pictures to my dropbox and then download them from there. The pictures will be double stored on the iPad, but will appear only once in the photostream. It works but are not very convenient.
Jockster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:21 PM   #7
Playgear
macrumors regular

Same issue here. Rare but annoying.

iPhoto doesn't always download all the pictures, even though my iPhone says they're in photo stream...

And I too, have the iCal issue where sometimes events don't make it to my iPhone from iCal, or they appear on my iPhone but not others that I'm sharing a calendar with.

Likewise, the calendar issue seemed to happen more frequently on MobileMe, but I still can't say that iCloud with photo stream and calendaring is 100% reliable, which is a shame since Apple said they're very serious about the cloud this time around.
Playgear is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 06:50 PM   #8
bobright
macrumors 68040

I am having this same problem, not all my photos actually only 5 out of my 75 pics on my iphone are being loaded to my iPad what gives?
bobright is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 07:56 AM   #9
StumpyBloke
macrumors member

Send a message via MSN to StumpyBloke
Mine has completely stopped working today.

To add: iCloud calendar sync is down too...no errors, it just doesn't sync from any to any device.

Last edited by StumpyBloke; May 25, 2012 at 08:18 AM.
StumpyBloke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:35 PM   #10
AntnyMikal
macrumors regular

I've noticed mine skips or misses pics to photo stream when my signal is weak. If I have 3-5 bars of 3G I hardly miss any pics, 1-2 bars and some don't make it, if I'm on wifi the pics are there almost immediately.
I haven't really gone and tested it, just something I've observed. Also with HDR on, my pics take longer to upload to PS over 3G because its really like 3 photos combined and the normal pics upload quicker.
AntnyMikal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:02 AM   #11
Playgear
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntnyMikal View Post
I've noticed mine skips or misses pics to photo stream when my signal is weak. If I have 3-5 bars of 3G I hardly miss any pics, 1-2 bars and some don't make it, if I'm on wifi the pics are there almost immediately.
I haven't really gone and tested it, just something I've observed. Also with HDR on, my pics take longer to upload to PS over 3G because its really like 3 photos combined and the normal pics upload quicker.
Now, see, that's really interesting considering the fact that Photostream does not upload at all over 3G.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:02 AM   #12
AntnyMikal
macrumors regular

3G Unrestrictor, check it out.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:10 AM   #13
Playgear
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntnyMikal View Post
3G Unrestrictor, check it out.
Then you can't really complain it not working consistently when you're jailbroken and using unofficially-supported functionality.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:30 AM   #14
AntnyMikal
macrumors regular

I didn't know I was complaining, was just sharing my experience. I don't even really keep photo stream on all the time anyway, I prefer to sync my photos manually.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:59 AM   #15
Bengt77
macrumors 68000

I have enabled Photo Stream. But I have it set to not automatically upload my new photos, as I like to add them manually after reviewing, deleting and maybe editing some of them. However, since this week photos I add manually aren't appearing in my Photo Stream anymore. I've updated to Aperture 3.3.2 yesterday. Could this new update have anything to do with this issue? The manually added photos appear to be added, when I look at the Activity window: all added photos take a while to upload. But after looking at my Photo Stream from both Aperture and my iPhone, said photos are nowhere to be found. I've tried adding some photos three times in a row, thinking that maybe I was doing something wrong. But clearly I'm not. What the heck is happening?
Use
MRoogle!
Bengt77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services