Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:18 PM   #1
zcal31
macrumors newbie

Question How to turn off Call Waiting- iPhone 4

I have a phone interview coming up and the only phone line I will have access to is my iPhone. I need to turn off my call waiting to avoid the annoying interruption of beeps and hang up noise during this call. I have searched other forums and even found video on how to do this but I don't seem to have the same settings as the iPhones ( I am guessing iPhone 3) they use in their examples. I really need to know if this is an option. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any answers!
zcal31 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:36 PM   #2
IrishVixen
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcal31 View Post
I have a phone interview coming up and the only phone line I will have access to is my iPhone. I need to turn off my call waiting to avoid the annoying interruption of beeps and hang up noise during this call. I have searched other forums and even found video on how to do this but I don't seem to have the same settings as the iPhones ( I am guessing iPhone 3) they use in their examples. I really need to know if this is an option. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any answers!
Helps if you list the firmware version & carrier when you post problems like this, so someone with the same setup can advise you correctly. At least on my iPhone 4/4.2.1 with AT&T, that setting toggle is under:

Settings -> Phone -> under Calls, "Call Waiting" (forwards one more menu to the actual on/off toggle)

I'm guessing that this might be a carrier based setting though, rather than a phone model specific one. If you can't find a similar toggle, you might check with your carrier to see if they provide an option to turn that off.
IrishVixen is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting