Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zcal31

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I have a phone interview coming up and the only phone line I will have access to is my iPhone. I need to turn off my call waiting to avoid the annoying interruption of beeps and hang up noise during this call. I have searched other forums and even found video on how to do this but I don't seem to have the same settings as the iPhones ( I am guessing iPhone 3) they use in their examples. I really need to know if this is an option. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any answers!

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I have a phone interview coming up and the only phone line I will have access to is my iPhone. I need to turn off my call waiting to avoid the annoying interruption of beeps and hang up noise during this call. I have searched other forums and even found video on how to do this but I don't seem to have the same settings as the iPhones ( I am guessing iPhone 3) they use in their examples. I really need to know if this is an option. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any answers!

Helps if you list the firmware version & carrier when you post problems like this, so someone with the same setup can advise you correctly. At least on my iPhone 4/4.2.1 with AT&T, that setting toggle is under:

Settings -> Phone -> under Calls, "Call Waiting" (forwards one more menu to the actual on/off toggle)

I'm guessing that this might be a carrier based setting though, rather than a phone model specific one. If you can't find a similar toggle, you might check with your carrier to see if they provide an option to turn that off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.