Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:56 PM   #1
yodayoda
macrumors regular

No sound on Siri?

Anyone else have this issue? It works but when i press the home button there is no ding sound for Siri and when you ask it a question the text answer appears but no volume...All sound is on and speakerphone and volume work/ Anyone else have a fix or seen this issue?
yodayoda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:59 PM   #2
SandboxGeneral

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Check under Settings --> General --> Siri --> Voice Feedback and ensure its set to Always.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 08:59 PM   #3
yodayoda
macrumors regular

randomly starting working again, pretty weird anyone have this problem before?
yodayoda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:04 PM   #4
Nba247365
macrumors member

I have found that the normal sound level is not associated with siri's sound level. When you activate siri by holding down the home button, you can raise or lower siri's sound level there without changing any other sounds.
Nba247365 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:40 PM   #5
The Game 161
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodayoda View Post
randomly starting working again, pretty weird anyone have this problem before?
Yes it happened to be a few weeks ago. Didn't work overnight and then first thing in the morning and suddenly worked when I got to work when i unmuted the iphone and clicked on the volume button up and down and it worked again.

You aren't alone here, had me confused and worried too. Hadn't had a problem since.
The Game 161 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 09:46 PM   #6
Aullison
macrumors newbie

why siri sounds like a lady
Aullison is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:47 PM   #7
Joni6161
macrumors newbie

Siri lost her voice!

I am having the exact same problem. Siri processes what I am saying and responds only throught the text bubbles. No voice. Also, when I press and hold the home button to activate Siri, there is no beep beep. This has been going on for a day or so. AT&T as well as Apple representatives walked me through my settings and everything was correct. Apple rep said that there are kinks with Siri that they are trying to work out and while doing so, it could interrupt something else. I hope like the other similar situation that this corrects itself soon. The Apple rep seemed to think that it would. We will see! I miss Siri! lol
Joni6161 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:05 PM   #8
dotme
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni6161 View Post
I am having the exact same problem. Siri processes what I am saying and responds only throught the text bubbles. No voice. Also, when I press and hold the home button to activate Siri, there is no beep beep.
Press and hold Home Button. When Siri interface pops up, immediately hit the Volume UP button and make sure Siri volume is up high enough that you can hear it.
dotme is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 05:53 PM   #9
Joni6161
macrumors newbie

Siri Sound Back On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotme View Post
Press and hold Home Button. When Siri interface pops up, immediately hit the Volume UP button and make sure Siri volume is up high enough that you can hear it.
I can't believe that for me it was this issue exactly!!! I didn't realize that the volume had 2 modes. One for regular and one for Siri. I must have adjusted my volume when I was in the "Siri mode" and I thought I had a major problem. Thank goodness the only problem was that I was not adjusting the volume in the correct mode.
Joni6161 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 07:59 PM   #10
LapsangSouchong
macrumors 65816

It happened to me as well. I went into siri settings and toggled to "handsfree only" then back to "always" and she started talking to me again.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:06 PM   #11
vapor753
macrumors newbie

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotme View Post

Went and restored my iPhone because of this issue but what you said works!! Created an account just to say thanks!
vapor753 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:09 PM   #12
jzr1v
macrumors newbie

Turn Siri on, and while she is on, turn up the volume.....
Don't know how it happened, but all I can think is that it happened when I did the last iOS update
jzr1v is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone