Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yodayoda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
Anyone else have this issue? It works but when i press the home button there is no ding sound for Siri and when you ask it a question the text answer appears but no volume...All sound is on and speakerphone and volume work/ Anyone else have a fix or seen this issue?

Reactions: sourabh1316

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Check under Settings --> General --> Siri --> Voice Feedback and ensure its set to Always.

yodayoda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2011
randomly starting working again, pretty weird anyone have this problem before?

Nba247365

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2010
I have found that the normal sound level is not associated with siri's sound level. When you activate siri by holding down the home button, you can raise or lower siri's sound level there without changing any other sounds.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

Yes it happened to be a few weeks ago. Didn't work overnight and then first thing in the morning and suddenly worked when I got to work when i unmuted the iphone and clicked on the volume button up and down and it worked again.

You aren't alone here, had me confused and worried too. Hadn't had a problem since.

Joni6161

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2011
Siri lost her voice!

I am having the exact same problem. Siri processes what I am saying and responds only throught the text bubbles. No voice. Also, when I press and hold the home button to activate Siri, there is no beep beep. This has been going on for a day or so. AT&T as well as Apple representatives walked me through my settings and everything was correct. Apple rep said that there are kinks with Siri that they are trying to work out and while doing so, it could interrupt something else. I hope like the other similar situation that this corrects itself soon. The Apple rep seemed to think that it would. We will see! I miss Siri! lol

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
I am having the exact same problem. Siri processes what I am saying and responds only throught the text bubbles. No voice. Also, when I press and hold the home button to activate Siri, there is no beep beep.
Press and hold Home Button. When Siri interface pops up, immediately hit the Volume UP button and make sure Siri volume is up high enough that you can hear it.

Joni6161

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2011
Siri Sound Back On!

Press and hold Home Button. When Siri interface pops up, immediately hit the Volume UP button and make sure Siri volume is up high enough that you can hear it.

I can't believe that for me it was this issue exactly!!! I didn't realize that the volume had 2 modes. One for regular and one for Siri. I must have adjusted my volume when I was in the "Siri mode" and I thought I had a major problem. Thank goodness the only problem was that I was not adjusting the volume in the correct mode.

vapor753

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
Thanks!!

Went and restored my iPhone because of this issue but what you said works!! Created an account just to say thanks!

jzr1v

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2013
Turn Siri on, and while she is on, turn up the volume.....
Don't know how it happened, but all I can think is that it happened when I did the last iOS update

peanutspenny

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2015
I think I found the solution. Siri does not have a voice if your bluetooth is turned on...even if it's not connected.

vhanny

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2015
it work, thanks a lot

hello forum,

i use reset network, it work again the text sound and receive call ...
thanks

:)

Patriot O'Grady

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2015
This didn't work for me. The problem started after updating the latest version of iOS. I enabled the "Hey Siri" option in General Settings under Siri. Now when I say "Hey Siri" I get the familiar tone and I can reply. Holding down the Home Button still doesn't work for me. I guess Apple is becoming Microsoft. On the other hand, Microsoft is getting better under Nadella, so there's always that.

Reactions: waltermercuur

perkedel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2014
California
It happened to me as well. I went into siri settings and toggled to "handsfree only" then back to "always" and she started talking to me again.:)

sometimes the iphone just needs to get its switches toggled. there's no separate volume for siri for me, the regular volume control shows up. i don't think this is like in android where notification and ringer are separate.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
This didn't work for me. The problem started after updating the latest version of iOS. I enabled the "Hey Siri" option in General Settings under Siri. Now when I say "Hey Siri" I get the familiar tone and I can reply. Holding down the Home Button still doesn't work for me. I guess Apple is becoming Microsoft. On the other hand, Microsoft is getting better under Nadella, so there's always that.

That's a change in iOS 9. Siri doesn't activate the sound when you activate it with the home button UNLESS its a prompt that requires direct feedback (the tone will still play with Hey Siri or when connected to an Audio output).

Dtrip

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
my problem is when I change her "accent". I can hear her just fine in "American" English, but if I change the "Siri Voice" setting to British (or Australian) I get no voice feedback when I ask her a question. When I toggle back to "American" I can hear her perfectly. I'm running iOS9.1 Beta 2 on my 6 Plus and have had this issue since the original iOS9 beta.

Reactions: waltermercuur

scapegoat81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2012
Philly
I'm still working my way through this thread so I've yet to find a solution but I've had this problem since iOS 9.0, restored & updated to 9.0.1, & still exists in 9.0.2

scapegoat81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2012
Philly
Ok so I found that after setting up Hey Siri, it sort of works. If I hold the home button, it doesn't make a sound but when I say "Hey Siri" I hear the double beep. I guess that's how they set it up in iOS 9

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.