Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

driphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
I need to run Pandora radio in my office. What is the minimum iPod model & what generation that has WiFi and can play Pandora without any problems?
Thx.
Sam

cshearer

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
I need to run Pandora radio in my office. What is the minimum iPod model & what generation that has WiFi and can play Pandora without any problems?
Thx.
Sam
I believe you would be good with buying the first generation iPod touch. Looking on the app store, the minimum software version required is iOS 3.0, which I believe this iPod supports.

driphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
I believe you would be good with buying the first generation iPod touch. Looking on the app store, the minimum software version required is iOS 3.0, which I believe this iPod supports.

So I assume a 2nd generation iPod touch will do the job.

any iPod touch will work, though I'd recommend at least a 3rd Gen, as it still supports the newest versions of iOS.

The only use for it is to play Pandora from our storage room. Do you still think buying a 3rd generation is warranted?

Thx.
Sam

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
So I assume a 2nd generation iPod touch will do the job.

The only use for it is to play Pandora from our storage room. Do you still think buying a 3rd generation is warranted?

Thx.
Sam

I have a 2nd gen one. It does the job. A 3rd gen one will do the job faster :p

The nice thing is that a 3rd gen one can run the newer OS though, so more app compatability if you want it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.