Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hat Lady

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Safari 5.0.6 will not open on-line pdf files on MacBook Pro - Mac OSX 10.5.8 & I need Safari 4. How do I get Safari 4 back? I have updated Adobe PDF.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I removed all internet plugins except AdobePDFViewer.plugin in Library/Internet Plug-Ins and now it work.
Now all I have to do is to find out the conflicting internet plugin, I suspect that the culprit is LogMeIn.plugin or LogMeInSafari32.plugin since those are the newest ones to be installed.
I will get back to this when I found out the conflicting one(s).

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Strange thing going on.
I found which file was responsible for the PDF not to load but as You can see it seems to be corrupted not only on My startup disc but also on the second partition with the same OS X version on it.
The file is actually an Alias or simplink and its name is JavaPluginCocoa.bundle inside the Library/internet-Plugins folder.
What happens if its not in the Internet Plugins folder?
Can't Safari use Java then?

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 80

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
He is on 10.5.8, same as Me and the latest Safari for 10.5.8 is 5.0.6

I too have the same problem and sadly I can not go up to SL nor Leon because I have a powerbook G4 and there is no newer version of safari for Leopard.

Yep. Apple stopped supporting and providing updates for your machines. Install Chrome if you want a browser that still receives security and other updates. Switching to linux would also be an option ;)

About 5 years of software support seems normal for consumer laptops...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.