Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 6, 2011, 05:16 PM   #1
John92
macrumors newbie

Exclamation Help please, iPhone 4 Power/Wake button jammed/stuck

This morning i woke up to find that the button on my iPhone 4 was stuck/jammed. Have to push really hard to show "slide to turn off". iPhone is 4 months out of warranty. I have looked after it, it's without a scratch and i am certain it's a manufacture fault. I think they are going to ask me to pay over a 100 to replace it. Being in the UK, would i be able to rely on the Sale of Goods Act. Any opinions.

Thanks

Last edited by John92; Dec 6, 2011 at 05:50 PM.
John92 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:09 AM   #2
irobinson
macrumors newbie

Re: Power/Wake button jammed/stuck

I just started having the same problem with my iPhone 4. I read the thread below and it looks like we are out of luck if the phone is not in warranty (at least for me in the US)

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
irobinson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:49 AM   #3
Hero887
macrumors member

Does anyone know how to contact apple for free? without paying 25 for a single phone call?
I need to email them or write to them and complain

thanks
Hero887 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:30 AM   #4
decize
macrumors newbie

Thumbs down Iphone 4 on/off switch stuck

Out of the blue, started last week; this is an original (pre-ordered) Iphone 4 I have since june 23, 2010; I was hoping to skip having to get 4S (foreign accent, SIRI doesn't work for me but now with rumors of Iphone 5 not coming out for nearly a year... from my read of other posts unless we are under warranty Apple will not help
decize is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 05:14 PM   #5
rmecsw
macrumors member

Smile sleep awake button no longer working

This just happened to me last week,out of the blue,so I was really annoyed.It happened while jail breaking, and I made the false assumption that there was relationship between them; there was not.I didn't take it to apple, but an independent (and excellent) repair shop in new york city called Ifixit.They replaced the button ,while I waited,and it was only $75,works like new noe.
rmecsw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:11 PM   #6
Leonard1818
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmecsw View Post
This just happened to me last week,out of the blue,so I was really annoyed.It happened while jail breaking, and I made the false assumption that there was relationship between them; there was not.I didn't take it to apple, but an independent (and excellent) repair shop in new york city called Ifixit.They replaced the button ,while I waited,and it was only $75,works like new noe.
FANTASTIC! Supported a local business, got it done for CHEAP (relative to Apple), and most importantly -- IT WORKS!
Leonard1818 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting