Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

No More Windows

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Sydney Australia
I was really p155ed when I bought an ATV2 and found out that TV shows were not supported on the device even though they were available for Australian iTunes account holders on PC or Mac. I believe that you were able to purchase content on your Mac and stream to ATV2, but on the device there was never even a menu for TV shows like the US version. One of the reasons I bought ATV2 was the availability of TV shows, in particular, TV show rentals. Sadly the TV show rental model appears to be gone in all countries, but this morning I turned on my ATV2 and low and behold there was a new menu for TV Shows!! At least now I'll be able to stream new TV directly through the device without the need for an PC or Mac to be on.

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
And in the uk as well, wonder if we will get redownloading of purchased shows before Christmas as well?

doesn't seem to be doing much for me at the moment.
the menu has appeared but selecting "top tv shows" or "genres" gives a "your request could not be completed" message.

selecting any of the tv shows listed in the carousel, i only get preview options (same if i manually search for any tv show that have i have purchased).

in "tv networks", the only network currently listed is "aardman studios".

Phil Lee

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2008
Manchester, UK
doesn't seem to be doing much for me at the moment.
the menu has appeared but selecting "top tv shows" or "genres" gives a "your request could not be completed" message.

selecting any of the tv shows listed in the carousel, i only get preview options (same if i manually search for any tv show that have i have purchased).

in "tv networks", the only network currently listed is "aardman studios".

Same here. I'm hoping to be able to stream purchases, it will make my daughter very happy if we can.

No More Windows

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Sydney Australia
Yep me too, on further inspection I only got preview options for TV shows, no option to buy/rent but yesterday the TV menu vanished altogether again. I knew it was too good to be true... Apple must be messin with my head :p Bad :apple: Bad :apple:

roidy

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2008
Nottingham, UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Looks like Apples screwing everybody over, the tv store has vanished from my UK ATV1. Nice, thanks Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.