Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ethics101

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2011
I'm interested in a hard shell case. Unfortunately, I hear the air versions are flimsy. Personally, I like the way they look, plus it adds protection. Post your setups. Photos welcome. :D

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area
Incase, Incipio versions are generally fine, it's the speck cases that crack easily

mine cracked, they know the cases crack yet they continue to sell them, boo speck

444pk.jpg

doktordoris

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2009
^^^ What he said.

what he said, about what he said.

And aluminium is an awesome conductor, whereas plastic is a rubbish conductor, hence its use as cable insulation. So by adding a plastic case I am sure you stop that lovely aluminium doing its heat sink job properly and so probably cause the fans to spin like mad.

calvol

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Concur on Speck, it is junk. My bottom case tabs have all cracked and fallen off, so I just keep it in my backpack and slide the MBA into what's left of the shell for a little extra protection. The top part is ok, and I leave it on full-time to protect the screen from bending in my pack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.