Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 17, 2011, 02:34 PM   #1
WTFMon
macrumors newbie

iPhone Crashed, reset, locked, and won't connect to computer... WTF Mon?

Hey all, this is definitely a baffling first for me.

My Verizion iPhone 4 (the white one) has gone completely psycho on me.

It was working fine, I had it plugged into the wall listening to my D&D podcast, when out of the blue it rolled a critical fail and rebooted for no reason.

Upon restarting it will only go to a screen with "Emergency Call" blinking above the keypad... as if mocking me. When I try to make a call it won't let me, though I am able to call 911 (I hung up before it connected out of paranoia)

When I click the little info "i" icon on the lower right a window pops up with "MEID:" followed by a string of numbers and letters. I assume this is the phone ID or whatever it's called.

Now here is the kicker. The damn thing will power up while connected to a wall socket, but instantly power off when I disconnect it, and won't connect or even power on while connected to my mac. I've tried 2 different cords and 2 separate computers, so the fault seems to be within my phone or from an unseen evil wizard.

My phone is about 6 or 7 months old, has never been jailbroken, and been running in tip top shape until this happened. I am about 1 month late in paying my Verizon bill, though I can't even call them, and received no text or call from them screaming for money. So I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Maybe the evil wizard works for them...I have no idea.

Oh...yea, and my phone dosent seem to have been reset, because I can still see my wallpaper behind keypad.

Any ideas?
WTFMon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Sounds like a hardware issue.
Bring it to Apple to have it replaced since you're still under warranty.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting