Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jun 2, 2005, 06:55 AM   #1
mulls7
macrumors newbie

Indesign/Creative Suite will not install

I know a few other people have had trouble with Creative Suite but I can't find an answer from the other posts.
I have a Powerbook G4 on which I installed Creative Suite without any problems whatsoever.
I recently acquired an imac G4 700mhz with OS 10.3.3. I have installed the same software but when I try to run any parts of Creative Suite, it quits half way through loading. On Indesign it quits at the stage when it says "Starting service registry".
Out of curiosity, I downloaded the Indesign trial from the adobe website and, once installed, it crashed at exactly the same place.
This is really annoying me because I got the imac solely to run Indesign and it won't! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mulls7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 07:21 AM   #2
Cooknn
macrumors 68020

This might be a good place to start Troubleshoot installation problems (InDesign CS, CS2 on Mac OS X)
Cooknn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 08:15 AM   #3
mulls7
macrumors newbie

Thanks for that info. I have installed it again but the same problem. The software installs OK and is there on the hard disk - it just refuses to run.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 11:19 AM   #4
krimson
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to krimson
have you tried Adobe's support forum? there's a section for Indesign.

Join MacRumors.com - Team Folding, and be a part of the Mac Folding team!
krimson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 04:02 PM   #5
mulls7
macrumors newbie

Thanks for that. I looked on the adobe indesign support and got to the root of the problem.
It's laughable but here's the reason indesign wouldn't run - because my time zone was set to Cardiff!!! Changed it to Dublin and now Indesign and the other Adobe applications work.
What a farce - more discrimination against the Welsh!
Old Jun 2, 2005, 04:06 PM   #6
superbovine
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulls7
Thanks for that. I looked on the adobe indesign support and got to the root of the problem.
It's laughable but here's the reason indesign wouldn't run - because my time zone was set to Cardiff!!! Changed it to Dublin and now Indesign and the other Adobe applications work.
What a farce - more discrimination against the Welsh!
at least i know where cardiff is now.
superbovine is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store