Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Dec 30, 2011, 01:29 AM   #1
PhazeII
macrumors member

Which Jailbreak do you prefer? Which is most popular?

I'm about to JB my 4.3.1 BB 04.10.01. I was wondering what software is most popular among you guys? I hear L1mera having battery issues? Other have no issues at all. Greenp0ison... does that one even apply to JB my device? and Redsnow?

I just restored and was thinking about going with Redsnow but some of the links i found are broken (maybe it was an old version?)
Old Dec 30, 2011, 02:56 AM   #2
TriJetHero
macrumors 601

i guess reading this forum will get you up to date fast.

newest JB is for 5.01

You can jailbreak 4.3.1 on Jailbreakme.com

But do read up first, you might wanna update to 5.01 with all the new features.
iPad 2 WIFI iOS 8.0 GM

Last edited by TriJetHero; Dec 30, 2011 at 03:09 AM.
TriJetHero is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 02:58 AM   #3
qwasedral
macrumors member

I'm jailbroken on 5.0.1 with redsn0w and untethered with corona
qwasedral is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 06:28 AM   #4
Davvido
macrumors regular

I always prefer jailbreaks from Dev-Team only. I don't really trust other 'hackers'. I've been using PwnageTool/redsn0w since I remember. I advice you the same.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:20 AM   #5
budgynana
macrumors member

I've used PwnageTool and redsn0w in the past and didn't have any issues with them but I've since started using Sn0wbreeze which also hasn't given me any issues. As there are still a few issues with the 5.0.1 jb I'm gonna hold off til they get ironed out and this is exactly why there isn't a new Sn0wbreeze just yet. PwnageTool/redsn0w aren't necessarily worse, they're just not my choice anymore.
budgynana is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:43 AM   #6
labman
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhazeII View Post
I'm about to JB my 4.3.1 BB 04.10.01. I was wondering what software is most popular among you guys? I hear L1mera having battery issues? Other have no issues at all. Greenp0ison... does that one even apply to JB my device? and Redsnow?

I just restored and was thinking about going with Redsnow but some of the links i found are broken (maybe it was an old version?)

Which device do you have? different IOS work better on certain devices. Also if you have a 3GS or a iPhone 4 you have to shsh blobs in order to install that IOS but if your iPhone 4 Also do you mean 4.2.1 or 4.3 and Redsn0w is my normal jailbreak tool. I don't care for Sn0wbreeze and Chronic-Dev teams Greanpois0n lost me when I found out Coconuts creator of Yourtube fiasco is one of there main guys.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks