Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jan 3, 2012, 05:12 PM   #1
5piN
macrumors member

Plex - Apple TV 2 (ui)

I'm thinking about getting an Apple TV and jailbreaking, but wanted to know does the Plex plug-in allow you to delete content on the machine hosting the Plex server from within the Apple TV ui?

After watching something i don't intend to keep i like to delete straight away as by the time I'm back on my hosting PC i often end up forgetting!
5piN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2012, 07:42 PM   #2
cjb287
macrumors newbie

No unfortunately you can't delete anything from within the ATV Plex client. This is often a requested feature. Whether or not they implement it in a future beta release is anyone's guess. I doubt it though since the idea is all file changes should be handled on the server itself
cjb287 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2012, 09:20 PM   #3
5piN
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb287 View Post
No unfortunately you can't delete anything from within the ATV Plex client. This is often a requested feature. Whether or not they implement it in a future beta release is anyone's guess. I doubt it though since the idea is all file changes should be handled on the server itself
Shame! ... any idea if XBMC has this functionality seeing as its a little bit more than a plug-in?
5piN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 09:43 AM   #4
cjb287
macrumors newbie

hmm I'm not too sure about that one.This XBMC thread seems to suggest so. I tried the XBMC media centre but the PLEX interface is superior IMO. XBMC has been around a lot longer though (PLEX is based on it) so you can do a lot more with it.
cjb287 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:08 PM   #5
iTalkappleosx
macrumors newbie

Why you can't delete anything from the Apple TV !

The reason why we can't delete anything from the Apple TV UI, is because the new generation of Apple TV's, don't have a internal storage.
iTalkappleosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:55 PM   #6
roidy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTalkappleosx View Post
The reason why we can't delete anything from the Apple TV UI, is because the new generation of Apple TV's, don't have a internal storage.
That has nothing to do with the OP's question, the OP's wants to know if the ATV2 Plex client can delete content from the Plex server which is located on a seperate computer, and so has nothing to do with the internal storage of the ATV2.
roidy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater