Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 12, 2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Freis968
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Winter Park, Florida
Unable to clear Music and Purchased Greyed out songs/videos on iPhone

I do subscribe to iTunes Match and no matter what I do I cannot clear these greyed out tracks from my iPhone. I have turned iTunes Match off so I could delete them which I do but then when I connect my iPhone the greyed out tracks appear again. The tracks show as a stream and there is no size to them. I did download them to my iPhone via iTunes Match but obviously when I turn iTunes Match off and deleted them but they reappear. Short of restoring my iPhone I don't know what else to do.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-01-12 at 7.16.53 PM.png
Views:	84
Size:	314.3 KB
ID:	319698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-01-12 at 7.16.40 PM.png
Views:	57
Size:	316.3 KB
ID:	319699  
__________________
| iMac 27" i7 | iPad HD | iPhone 5 16GB | Time Capsule 2TB |
Freis968 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 08:04 PM   #2
CygnusTC
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Are you sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freis968 View Post
I do subscribe to iTunes Match and no matter what I do I cannot clear these greyed out tracks from my iPhone. I have turned iTunes Match off so I could delete them which I do but then when I connect my iPhone the greyed out tracks appear again. The tracks show as a stream and there is no size to them. I did download them to my iPhone via iTunes Match but obviously when I turn iTunes Match off and deleted them but they reappear. Short of restoring my iPhone I don't know what else to do.

Any ideas?
Are you sure you are deleting from your main iTunes library and selecting the delete from icloud option?
CygnusTC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:52 AM   #3
Freis968
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Winter Park, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusTC View Post
Are you sure you are deleting from your main iTunes library and selecting the delete from icloud option?
Yes, I deleted from the main iTunes library and deleted from the iCloud.

I guess when my iTunes Match expires later this year it will remove this.
__________________
| iMac 27" i7 | iPad HD | iPhone 5 16GB | Time Capsule 2TB |
Freis968 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:48 PM   #4
Freis968
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Winter Park, Florida
UPDATE - I am still having this problem which I hoped would go away this past Nov 17th when my iTunes Match expired. The issue still persists.
__________________
| iMac 27" i7 | iPad HD | iPhone 5 16GB | Time Capsule 2TB |
Freis968 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:08 PM   #5
marcyig
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freis968 View Post
UPDATE - I am still having this problem which I hoped would go away this past Nov 17th when my iTunes Match expired. The issue still persists.
I just fixed my syncing issue with my iPod, there are a lot of possible troubleshooting tips on this site. My songs were greyed out and now everything syncs: http://appducate.com/2012/12/underst...ing-imessages/
marcyig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 10:21 AM   #6
Freis968
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Winter Park, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcyig View Post
I just fixed my syncing issue with my iPod, there are a lot of possible troubleshooting tips on this site. My songs were greyed out and now everything syncs: http://appducate.com/2012/12/underst...ing-imessages/
I have tried everything and still the greyed out songs persist.
__________________
| iMac 27" i7 | iPad HD | iPhone 5 16GB | Time Capsule 2TB |
Freis968 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone 4S music video - Blackberry, Farewell ljova.com Wasteland 1 Oct 19, 2011 10:27 AM
How to put songs/video on iPhone 4 w/out iTunes? joegeek iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 0 Jun 30, 2010 09:44 AM
All iPhone music greyed out in iTunes on new computer jamundj iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 8 Apr 1, 2010 10:17 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC