Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories

Old Jan 24, 2012, 04:03 PM   #1
DonP
macrumors newbie

Dock Extender Cables?

I'm looking for a dock extension cable (2'-3') that has all 30 pins connected through.

I did buy one that was described that way, and only 4 pins were connected, so it didn't work at all with my touch.

Anyone know of a cable that is a full 30 pin implementation? Thanks!
DonP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:16 AM   #2
macrumorsuser10
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonP View Post
I'm looking for a dock extension cable (2'-3') that has all 30 pins connected through.

I did buy one that was described that way, and only 4 pins were connected, so it didn't work at all with my touch.

Anyone know of a cable that is a full 30 pin implementation? Thanks!
Do you mean a 30-pin to USB cable? Apple sells the 10-foot Griffin extension cable.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H1...de=MTc0MjU4NjE
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:58 AM   #3
DonP
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrumorsuser10 View Post
Do you mean a 30-pin to USB cable? Apple sells the 10-foot Griffin extension cable.
No, I mean a 30 pin male to 30 pin female dock extender cable. I did find one that would probably work, http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockXtender.html but it's more expensive than I wanted. The $10 eBay ones have only four pins wired through and will not work. I'll probably spring for the good one.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:22 AM   #4
sofakng
macrumors regular

Have you found one that works?

The cablejive one says it doesn't work for video so it must not have all 30 pins wired.

I'm looking for a true 30-pin-to-30-pin extension cable as well...
sofakng is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:08 PM   #5
DonP
macrumors newbie

I never bought a cable, so no new information.

The CableJive does claim to be a true 30-pin implementation, so it should work, and they have a good return policy. I would try the CableJive.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:10 PM   #6
Macman45
macrumors G5

I've bough three of them, all claim to work, none of them did..One works intermittently...If you do find one, let us know.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:18 PM   #7
turtle777
macrumors 6502

There's also this thread on the same topic.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1414746

I have one exntension cable on order and will report back it if works for my purpose. But since it's for a car stereo, it might not need all 30 pins connected.

Btw, if there were really all 30 pins connected, wouldn't the cable have to be crazy thick ? 30 individual wires should make up for quite a cable.

-t
turtle777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:29 PM   #8
sofakng
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonP View Post
The CableJive does claim to be a true 30-pin implementation, so it should work, and they have a good return policy. I would try the CableJive.
Hmmm, if that was the case then why do they say it doesn't work with the Apple VGA adapter? If all 30 pins were connected I would think it would compatible with any device or adapter, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman45 View Post
I've bough three of them, all claim to work, none of them did..One works intermittently...If you do find one, let us know.
Did you try these with the Pioneer stereo or were you trying to get something else to work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle777 View Post
There's also this thread on the same topic.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1414746

I have one exntension cable on order and will report back it if works for my purpose. But since it's for a car stereo, it might not need all 30 pins connected.
That's my other topic, heh. This topic I just bumped because it was in a different forum (iPod Touch) so I apologize for any confusion!
sofakng is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:31 PM   #9
Macman45
macrumors G5

Did you try these with the Pioneer stereo or were you trying to get something else to work?

No, just tried to use it with my phone and iPad...they were pretty cheap though, I guess you get what you pay for.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:17 PM   #10
iBaloney
macrumors 6502

would using a dock extender cable (e.g., cablejive's dock extender for car stereo) decrease the audio quality in any way?
iBaloney is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories